Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike Zoom Pegasus 37 Official photos
Quote | Reply
"The Nike Zoom Pegasus 37 arrives with a similar silhouette in comparison to its predecessor model, but with a new tooling setup. The Pegasus 36 featured full length Cushlon foam encasing a full length Zoom Air bag. The Zoom Pegasus 37 appears to utilize a very similar tooling as one of its runner counterparts, the EXP-X14 and Vomero 14. The EXPs feature full length REACT foam, so it’ll be interesting to see what technology the tooling will be. The upper also has a few changes, utilizing a full mesh with open ventilation holes, providing a “see through” look to the shoes. The tongue retains it’s thin, lightweight look in comparison to its predecessor model. Nike has ditched flywire as well with this new model, and instead has opted to use lacing cables that connect to one piece at the midfoot."

Read the article on oneononetesters.com >
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Pegasus 37 Official photos [sgb2112] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They kind of skimp out a lot on the bottom tread, particularly in the forefoot. Can’t imagine it saves that much weight and it seems like it would speed up wear

Matt
Last edited by: Chemist: Jan 30, 20 5:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not what I was hoping for. I liked the upper on the 36, but thought the cushioning was subpar. I loved the 35. I also use the Peg Turbo 2, but am not a huge fan of the minimal upper on it - I was hoping to see a Turbo 3 with the upper of the regular Peg 36, and a Peg 37 with the same upper as the 36 but the cushion of the 35. The 35 was a great all-around shoe - not too heavy, sufficient cushion for high mileage, but a fast enough feel for tempo and progression runs. The Turbo 2 is also a great all-around shoe - I just don't like the upper.

I'd be fine with it if they dumped both shoes and brought back the Lunaracer. RIP. Thousands of miles in those.

"Don't you have to go be stupid somewhere else?"..."Not until 4!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looks blah, but I do like the react foam.

The Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit is probably my go to shoe right now. React foam and carbon plate for $75-100.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Pegasus 37 Official photos [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
Looks blah, but I do like the react foam.

The Nike Zoom Fly Flyknit is probably my go to shoe right now. React foam and carbon plate for $75-100.

same - I have 3 pairs of the Zoom Fly Flyknit ... I get them on Amazon for ~$85 ... great shoe!

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Pegasus 37 Official photos [plant_based] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did either of you use the original (Pre knit upper) Zoom Fly? I used to like them but after running in the Peg Turbo 2, I had a hard time going back to the Zoom Fly, it just felt to harsh/hard. Wondering if the fly knit version has a different mid sole and cushion.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Pegasus 37 Official photos [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn’t run in the pre-flyknit version. The zoom fly flyknit has the REACT foam and carbon plate combination.

According to this description, the first iteration had Lunarlon foam. Probably why you feel the difference.

https://www.nordstromrack.com/...qEAQYAiABEgIg_PD_BwE
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Pegasus 37 Official photos [Chemist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven’t ran in turbos but the fly knit and zf3 feel way better than the first version. Much more cushion and forgiving.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Zoom Pegasus 37 Official photos [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with this but I think even react is too hard with the plate. I prefer the softer feel of my React Odyssey for anything but speed work. The plate spreads out compressive forces, making the foam feel firmer, imo. React feels great and ZoomX with a plate feels great. ZoomX without a plate or React with one feel good, but not great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nike: "If you don't already have bunions, we'll give them to you!!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply