Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Nike React Infinity
Quote | Reply
I wondered if anyone had ordered a pair (apparently available to members now) or planning to?

I was kind of hoping Dan was going to review them. They are high cushion, rocker shape with a wide foot print for stability. If it's true that Nike are replacing traditional stability shoes with this then it's a major step in a shoe design approach that I've always enjoyed reading about here.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [OddSlug] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It’s really very nicely done.

The rocker bottom is minimal, not as noticeable as many Hoka but it does assist with transitioning the foot forward

Lots of React foam for the midsole and the heel clip provides a nice amount of guidance. It is not as wide underfoot as say a Bondi but wider then most Nike and the clips are similar to guide rails keeping the foot centered

Upper is very accommodating as it has more volume compared to typical Flyknit uppers

Launching 1.16.20 in the US in stores

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OddSlug wrote:
I wondered if anyone had ordered a pair (apparently available to members now) or planning to?

Available to order for Nike+ members on Thursday the 9th. (FYI, there's no cost to join Nike+.)

I'm planning on ordering a pair.
Last edited by: sathomasga: Jan 6, 20 17:02
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [sathomasga] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. I'd seen 3rd Jan on a Nike post but the 9th rings a bell now you mention it so I'm sure the 3rd was a mistake in that one place. I was trying not to impulse buy by chatting about it but equal chance I might order on the 9th as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you've handled them the bit I was interested in was around the heel. I was hoping where the upper continues around the heel was relatively soft and flexible and the part that makes up the swoosh (and is lower down) was maybe the firmer bit. Too much around the heel counter irritates my Achilles. Did you get a chance to see that part of the shoe?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The React Odyssey has replaced the Ultraboost as my favorite workhorse shoe, which replaced the Glycerin a long time ago. I just love the way Reacg foam feels. I'm looking forward to trying the Infinity once my Odyssey is done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried these on and even run in them a bit.

They are cushy, feel nice, transition well from landing to toe off. As FF said you really don't notice the rocker.
I pronate and didn't really notice any issues there. Didn't feel as firm as I remember the structure being although it's been a bit since I put that shoe on.

I'll argue that those with high volume feet like mine, wide in the forefoot and also tall will struggle with this shoe. It took <2 min for my right foot to go numb from pressure from the top of the shoe and about 4 min on the L foot. By the time my 6-7 min test jog was up both feet were rather numb.

Now compared to the Epic react they have more volume. I can't even get my feet in those. But it's not a high(er) volume shoe like the ghost/860/880 or some Hoka models.

The shoe is already on some store shelves. You may want to check out your LRS. I know of a few stores that have them in stock & on customers feet.

ETA: These shoes have a rather high instep. Probably 1st shoe in the last 4-5 years that actually touches my instep. If you've got flat feet/no to very low insteps these may not be your shoe

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Last edited by: desert dude: Jan 7, 20 8:10
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can you elaborate on the volume of the uppers comment? I LOVE the original Epic React, but with the 2's there's too much material and it bunches under the laces.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [JASpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think they make that comparison in this review
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got mine and ran 7.5 EZ miles in them last night: TO ME, as a midfoot striker, they feel more like a Pegasus Turbo than an Epic. Front half is the Peg, next third is an Epic, and then the rocker. I don't dislike them but they weren't at all what I was expecting. I LOVED the original Epic, but the tongue material of the Epic 2 bunches for me making them unusable. I wanted an Epic and liked the idea of the rocker and roomy toe box but it's doesn't have the same plush feel that the Epic 1/2 has. All that said...close enough for me until the Epic 3 comes out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OddSlug wrote:

I was kind of hoping Dan was going to review them. They are high cushion, rocker shape with a wide foot print for stability. If it's true that Nike are replacing traditional stability shoes with this then it's a major step in a shoe design approach that I've always enjoyed reading about here.

Got a pair early this week (Nike+ membership or something like that), quite comfortable just walking around, will run with them Sunday and make a better judgement. On the face of it, it did seem Hoka-like but the feel of it, due to the insert, I think, made it different. I only ran in the Arahis though so I may not have the best knowlegde of Hoka

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a pair and ran in them yesterday. Great shoe so far! I felt like I was engaging my glutes every stride which I struggle to do. I used to run in Structures, but the last model was awful so I'm excited to have these as an option.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
I've tried these on and even run in them a bit.

They are cushy, feel nice, transition well from landing to toe off. As FF said you really don't notice the rocker.
I pronate and didn't really notice any issues there. Didn't feel as firm as I remember the structure being although it's been a bit since I put that shoe on.

I'll argue that those with high volume feet like mine, wide in the forefoot and also tall will struggle with this shoe. It took <2 min for my right foot to go numb from pressure from the top of the shoe and about 4 min on the L foot. By the time my 6-7 min test jog was up both feet were rather numb.

Now compared to the Epic react they have more volume. I can't even get my feet in those. But it's not a high(er) volume shoe like the ghost/860/880 or some Hoka models.

The shoe is already on some store shelves. You may want to check out your LRS. I know of a few stores that have them in stock & on customers feet.

ETA: These shoes have a rather high instep. Probably 1st shoe in the last 4-5 years that actually touches my instep. If you've got flat feet/no to very low insteps these may not be your shoe

I'll echo a lot of what's said here.
I tried on 4 pairs in the store- 2 white and 2 black.

In was unmistakable that the black fit differently. Both slightly longer and wider from the metatarsals forward. I thought I was crazy, but the salesperson helping could see the difference in length as well.

Additionally, and this is harder to quantify, the black pair felt firmer underfoot.

Regardless, for me, they are a good update to my Epic Reacts. The increased volume in the instep is welcomed, as is the increased arch support, and the rubber outsole. The increased height of the midsole foam was noticeable, the increased rocker, less so. Running in them this morning, they felt a little firmer (the cold?) then they did in the store / house.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nike is really producing some great new shoes. I have been using the Zoom fly 2 and really like it. Great response from the carbon plate and very good cushioning. However I do think the shoe platform of the Zoom fly is a little narrow. The infinity react looks like a great option to try, although no carbon plate.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [70Miles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
70Miles wrote:
. I have been using the Zoom fly 2 and really like it. .

If you like the Zoom fly 2 you'll love the Zoom Fly 3. Much better shoe imo.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
70Miles wrote:
. I have been using the Zoom fly 2 and really like it. .

If you like the Zoom fly 2 you'll love the Zoom Fly 3. Much better shoe imo.

Really. I have been loving the Zoom Fly 2 Flyknit as a trainer and was wondering if the 3 would be better. One issue it may solve is that I strike at the front outside of the sole and it is wearing down a lot on the 2's (I have 3 pairs). The sole on the 3 looks like it is a more durable rubber that may last longer. I'm looking at the Next% to race in, but was wondering if the 3 is a better shoe to train in that the 2s. Thanks for your feedback.

https://www.strava.com/...tes/zachary_mckinney
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of the first react flyknit and love them. Had to retire them recently due to mileage. Hibbet sports had the odyssey react flyknit 2 for $60, so I ordered them. They were awful! Really wanted them to work, but they didn’t feel anything at all like the epic react.

I’ve been eying the react infinity, but $160 is outside of my comfort range for a shoe.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Parkland wrote:
I have a pair of the first react flyknit and love them. Had to retire them recently due to mileage. Hibbet sports had the odyssey react flyknit 2 for $60, so I ordered them. They were awful! Really wanted them to work, but they didn’t feel anything at all like the epic react.

I’ve been eying the react infinity, but $160 is outside of my comfort range for a shoe.

I picked up some first gen ERFs on eBay recently for $52 (shipped) so I have an extra when my current ones die. Had to be OK with the hideous colorway (copper/rust) though.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [Parkland] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I find the odyssey 2 far less comfortable than the first version because the upper is so low. The midsole should be the same as the epic.

I was planning to get the epics when they were released and decided against it because there is no rubber on the parts that wear the fastest, which seems rather stupid. That was the only reason I went with the Odyssey instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JASpencer wrote:
Got mine and ran 7.5 EZ miles in them last night: TO ME, as a midfoot striker, they feel more like a Pegasus Turbo than an Epic. Front half is the Peg, next third is an Epic, and then the rocker. I don't dislike them but they weren't at all what I was expecting. I LOVED the original Epic, but the tongue material of the Epic 2 bunches for me making them unusable. I wanted an Epic and liked the idea of the rocker and roomy toe box but it's doesn't have the same plush feel that the Epic 1/2 has. All that said...close enough for me until the Epic 3 comes out.

Is it confirmed that there will be an Epic 3? I thought I read that the Infinity was the successor. If so I'll wait for them as the Epic 2 has been a unicorn shoe for me and all the colorways are on sale now with the release of the Infinity.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike React Infinity [Dgconner154] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dgconner154 wrote:

Is it confirmed that there will be an Epic 3? I thought I read that the Infinity was the successor. If so I'll wait for them as the Epic 2 has been a unicorn shoe for me and all the colorways are on sale now with the release of the Infinity.

IIRC Nike has moved on from the Epic react to the Infinity react. Stock up.
I'll ask the rep next time I see him though and confirm

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks, just ordered another pair. PSA - there is an additional 20% off sale shes on the Nike website right now so they are $79.99 for all colors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
IIRC Nike has moved on from the Epic react to the Infinity react. Stock up.
I'll ask the rep next time I see him though and confirm

Son of a...

FWIW I've put some more mileage through my infinity's and have warmed up to them. I don't think the ride is quite as plush as the Epics but it's what currently works best for me as a workhorse shoe.
Last edited by: JASpencer: Jan 23, 20 10:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you are familiar with Salomon Predict it has a similar feel to it.
https://www.salomon.com/...-ra.html#color=12184
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 "you'll love the Zoom Fly 3"

That's really good to hear, been wanting to try them but hesitant.

You should ask the Nike rep about coming out with a trail shoe that uses the carbon plate instead of standard plastic rock plate. Seems like that would be a game changer in the trail market.
Tried the Pegasus trail, but didn't like it. The shoe is too squishy, like the road version, and the heel cup is too loose for me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next