Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nike Bike Shoes: Nike Lance
Quote | Reply
I've had a pair of Nike Gregarios, since I started biking; mine for a year and a half, EVEN though, I had enough money to buy what some of you speedsters buy, (the Louis Garneur, the yellow ones, the tri ones, the ones with carbon in them), but these look like crap, and you have to actually tie them, like a tennis shoe...no straps, and they probably are heavy, to boot, I don't know, but I've never had anything fit right on, like this shoe. Its a piece of crap. But it works, for some reason. My feet never feel sweaty or hot.

I was shocked they worked, when I did buy them. Shocked! I hate Nike clothing, their running shoes, you name it, but for some reason, my bike shoes were okay.

So, I'm watching the Tour, and see Armstrong, with Nike cycling shoes, and go run down on the net, what the gig was on the ones he was wearing. By the way, his are called, by NIKE, "Nike Lance," and they are a good 200 plus or more.

Off to Ebay, to see where the pulse is....

Well....

http://cgi.ebay.com/...mp;rd=1&tc=photo

Five bids.

One hundred and ninety dollars for bike shoes.

The man can sell and market, let it not go unsaid.

But he's good enough to win with Gregarios.

I'll not spend that much for the expensive stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Bike Shoes: Nike Lance [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are nice, except the buckles have a rattle to them. It may bug you, it may not.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Bike Shoes: Nike Lance [jasonk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a friend with big feet who swears by the Poggios. He's had some trouble finding big enough shoes that are still comfortable.

Slowguy

(insert pithy phrase here...)
Quote Reply
Re: Nike Bike Shoes: Nike Lance [boothrand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's a matter of individual taste. My favs are the old Sidi Energy, which used to retail for about $300. They felt like an old baseball mitt the first time I put them on, like they'd been on my feet for years.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply