Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nice pre -race coverage
Quote | Reply
Is it me or the pre race coverage for Nice is waaaay lower key than before kona. Before each Kona we had more bike vids, tech spec etc and despite the fact that the those things are there... the coverage is just meh. Or is it just me? Even slowtwitch is missing the usual Bike set up articles (although admittedly it was late last year too)
Quote Reply
Re: Nice pre -race coverage [R2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think part of that is the glut of high end racing we’ve had recently and another part is the split men’s and women’s races.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Without question the lead up has been underwhelming.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
R2 wrote:
Is it me or the pre race coverage for Nice is waaaay lower key than before kona. Before each Kona we had more bike vids, tech spec etc and despite the fact that the those things are there... the coverage is just meh. Or is it just me? Even slowtwitch is missing the usual Bike set up articles (although admittedly it was late last year too)

Certainly not just you. Subpar at best. And next year with only the ladies in Nice it’ll probably be even worse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1.) We talked about this on the podcast this week. https://www.slowtwitch.com/...Race_Week__8794.html

2.) At least in our case -- we have a person on the ground. I should have been there, too, but I wound up with COVID and was not in any shape to fly. But my mistake, and something we'll learn for next year, is that if Eric is not on site at a WC, we need to hire a dedicated photographer for us. Last year we had both Eric and Aaron Palaian doing work for us.

3.) Full credit to the team over at Triathlete -- they're trying like hell to make it feel big. But I think, collectively, given just how crazy the August schedule was, this feels more like a collective sigh at the end of it, rather than the climax of all the racing, that a WC race should.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply