Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Nice 70.3 Worlds Medical Form
Quote | Reply
"According to French law and the regulations, a medical certificate is compulsory to obtain a sports license in France.... To meet the needs, we suggest you download the medical certificate template above to ensure the same information is provided by your physician. If you use your doctor's regular form please mind that the following data is obligatory: the date of issue, last name, first name, date of birth, stamp and signature of the doctor."

Do we need to get that medical form signed by a doctor?
Quote Reply
Re: Nice 70.3 Worlds Medical Form [SlowPig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't think anyone ever got a definitive answer here, but my understanding is that anyone that is a USAT annual member only needs to buy the one-day license. At least when I went through this process, I said I was a member of an ITU-affiliated federation, and it asked me for my "number". I put my USAT number in there and it didn't reject it. The medical cert is for people coming from countries that do not have an ITU affiliation.

If this is incorrect, hopefully someone will correct me before I get on a flight to Nice :)
Quote Reply
Re: Nice 70.3 Worlds Medical Form [g_lev] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received the response from Ironman shown below:

thank you for reaching out to us. You have understood it all correctly. If you have a valid triathlon license from Triathlon Canada you need to purchase a French One Day License but NOT provide a medical certificate.
Please bring your Triathlon Canada License and the French One Day License to Nice for registration.

If you have any further questions please let us know.
Mit freundlichen GrĂ¼ĂŸen/Kind regards[/url]
VIKTORIA
Head of Athlete Services Europe, Middle East & Africa

I will just be bringing my valid provincial triathlon license and purchased the one day french license. No medical form.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Nice 70.3 Worlds Medical Form [mstewarttri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you reach out to them? Or did you ask them a question?
Quote Reply
Re: Nice 70.3 Worlds Medical Form [fruit thief] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent them an email after this question came up in a previous Nice 70.3 thread

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's what I thought. I'd reach out for an object on a high shelf, but with Viktoria would probably just ask her a question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it have to be an annual license from USAT or in your case Triathlon Canada or Canada or can it be a one day license? I'm not actually doing any other races this year where I needed a USAT license so I wasn't planning on getting one and wondering if I can just do a one day or if I need the annual

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For USAT member reference, I emailed Ironman today - received the following response

Thank you for contacting us ! First, congratulations for your qualification !

As an USAT Member, you only need to purchase a one day license, not to provide us a medical certificate, I hope this is clear :)

Have a very nice day, and we are waiting for you on the finishline !

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Nice 70.3 Worlds Medical Form [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sch340,
Hmm, if we dont need a med cert then why do I keep getting those emails to get the cert. I sent it to a doc anyway. Also wth is a doctors stamp? Lol. Maybe thats a french thing...idk

I may have to email myself to clarify, seems like this is different this time... or just get the cert and dont think about it.
Quote Reply
Re: Nice 70.3 Worlds Medical Form [Johnnyfever] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with you! You would think Ironman would have clarified this. At minimum, corrected the wording in their emails.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think now it's pretty clear (based on the responses I've seen) that USAT members don't need the Medical Certificate. The reason it's confusing is because they don't specifically list the licenses / federations that don't require the certificate. In any case, if you want to get it, it won't hurt to have it. At least you can have peace of mind that you are fit enough to compete.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Nice 70.3 Worlds Medical Form [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ahh, yeah you prob right. These emails are going out to all racers no matter what country of origin.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JohnnyFever: Also wth is a doctors stamp? Lol. Maybe thats a french thing...idk

My doctors office (US) has an official stamp for the certifying type of documents. Otherwise, like someone said, anyone could just sign a work excuse, insurance form, etc. "Dr. Joe Schmoe" and send it in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Annual license from ITU federation = buy French fed license. Bring your countries (is USAT) card and print and bring French Fed license.

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Re: Nice 70.3 Worlds Medical Form [tnt646] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tnt646 wrote:
Does it have to be an annual license from USAT or in your case Triathlon Canada or Canada or can it be a one day license? I'm not actually doing any other races this year where I needed a USAT license so I wasn't planning on getting one and wondering if I can just do a one day or if I need the annual

Thanks

I'm like you, this year I only raced once in the US and once in Canada so I bought day licenses in each instance.
I think yes, you have to have an annual licence from USAT or Triathlon Canada to avoid the bringing the signed medical form. What a pain in the a$$?
Plus we need to buy the French day license.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks
Quote Reply