Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newbie Wetsuit Fit Question
Quote | Reply
I was just trying on wetsuits for the first time and hoped to get some insight from all those who know far much more than I do -- meaning everybody on here. I seem to typically fall "in between" size-wise -- right at the top or bottom end of a range. I'm 6'4", about 190-192 lbs, with a longish torso. For example, my ht and wt put me on the cusp for QR suits between the high end of ML size and the bottom end of L size. I did like the QR Hydrofull, but here's my question. The ML fit better overall than the L (the L had a few spots of extra material on the upper body). But, in the ML, I felt as if my shoulders were being pulled down. Making sure to have the suit fully pulled up helped, but I still had this sensation, more so on the back of my shoulders than the front. The tri shop guys said that the suit would loosen up some in the water, so that I should be OK.

Does this make sense to you? Should I just keep trying other makes and models? Would the T1 be better? (This shop, by the way, said they were kind of going away from carrying the T1).

Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie Wetsuit Fit Question [MB First Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The T1 is ideal for someone with unusual body sizes as the uppers and lower can be sized seperately.

Re: Newbie Wetsuit Fit Question [MB First Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First of all, I don't believe there's a suit out there that feels good out of the water (unless you're into S&M), so yes, getting in the water will help somewhat. However, the material doesn't really expand permanently so don't expect to "stretch" it out like a pair of shoes for a better fit down the line.

I have a QR fullsuit and called them to ask questions on fitting, etc. Give them a call, they will be more than happy to help.
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie Wetsuit Fit Question [trifan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestions. Not having worn wetsuits before, it's hard for me to know what is just a "normal" wetsuit feeling versus what isn't a correct fit. And having read all number of posts about uncomfortable wetsuits, muscle fatigue, even feeling so constricted as to remove a wetsuit mid-swim, etc., I'm pretty wary of making a wrong choice without knowing it at the time.
Quote Reply