Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New product: the Speedpack 480 [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on that, I'll contact them to order them for the shop. Thanks, and congratulations again.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: New tri product: the Speedpack 480 [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll post a photo of your product on my P3 - it looks awesome. I actually clipped the zip ties holding the cables together behind the stem, snugged the bag right up to the steerer and re-zipped the cables above and below the bag. It's flush, tight and holds my levers, Co2 and tube perfectly. Love it ... and like all new equipment i'm convinced that it's worth at least 2mph on my normal route ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I installed mine on my PX Stealth over the weekend. I trimmed some of the excess velcro off the the three horizontal straps so that there was no hanging parts.

It'll be on my bike today when I ride. But, I don't think it will help my speed since my bike is hooked up to the trainer today.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Quote Reply
Re: New product: the Speedpack 480 [tetsuoni] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I christened mine yesterday on your 112 mile torture fest ;)

I unwrapped some Gu Chomps, put them in a zip lock and stuffed them in there. Convenient and much easier than reaching into my jersey and fiddling with indivual packets. Even had room for a chopped up cliff bar (which I don't usually use but I had an idea I'd be out there longer than the chomps would be palatble).

It'll stay on my bike for the long rides. Me likey ;)
Quote Reply
Re: New product: the Speedpack 480 [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to know. Thanks.

2015 American Zofingen Du is May 17.
R.I.P. Chris Gleason
Quote Reply
Re: New tri product: the Speedpack 480 [TomNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to pic. considering one for my p3c.
Quote Reply
Re: New product: the Speedpack 480 [stillrollin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just ordered one for my P3C and had the same idea of chomps/chews in a baggy then in there. How many were you able to fit in there?

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: New product: the Speedpack 480 [afbadbrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After reading what all you guys said, I just bough one

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
USPS tracking says delivered... stoked to give it a shot today or tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: New product: the Speedpack 480 [afbadbrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
afbadbrad wrote:
I just ordered one for my P3C and had the same idea of chomps/chews in a baggy then in there. How many were you able to fit in there?

3 bags of Chomps in a zip lock and 1 cliff bar (cut up) in another. Had room to spare too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Seems like you guys have sold quite alot since posting them here, congrads,

I still like the product :)

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: New tri product: the Speedpack 480 [TomNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TomNYC wrote:
I'll post a photo of your product on my P3 - it looks awesome. I actually clipped the zip ties holding the cables together behind the stem, snugged the bag right up to the steerer and re-zipped the cables above and below the bag. It's flush, tight and holds my levers, Co2 and tube perfectly. Love it ... and like all new equipment i'm convinced that it's worth at least 2mph on my normal route ;)
Thanks for posting the photo and the feedback. We're glad you like the Speedpack. And if you get that "additional 2 mph", let us know ! :^)

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's mine.

What I do: http://app.strava.com/athletes/345699
Last edited by: Printer86: May 22, 11 14:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got it for my P3C, although a bit tight since I tried to fit more then it should possibly hold, but it has worked out great and love it. Sooo much better then fuelbelts aero bento box.

Thanks!!

Alan Kipping-Ruane, USAT Level 1, USAT Youth and Junior
Triathlon & Endurance Coach
TriGuy Multisport Coaching, LLC
http://www.TriGuyCoaching.com
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/TriGuyCoaching
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First ride with mine. Design is tops: Rubberized bottom, plastic shape holder inside, zippers that don't open to the very back (keeps keys from flying out).
Love it.
Quote Reply
Re: New tri product: the Speedpack 480 [EvenOlder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
EvenOlder wrote:
First ride with mine. Design is tops: Rubberized bottom, plastic shape holder inside, zippers that don't open to the very back (keeps keys from flying out).
Love it.
Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming. It is great to make a well-received product that fills a need.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered mine last saturday and with the fast shipping I was able to get it set up and use it for the first time at the MIM 5150 this weekend. Like others I was able to unzip the front of the bag a bit so that it shielded the cables entering my top tube and sat flush with my stem. It doesn't hold alot, especially when being used to shield cables, but I was able to put in 2 tire levels, a c02, a chuck + 2 gels in there (tube was stuffed under my seat). With the rubberized bottom, plastic interior shell, extra velcro and low profile the bag is SUPER secure. I have mine snugged so tight that it doesn't move a millimeter in any direction and I never rubbed my legs against it. Despite downpours all day everything in the bag stayed dry. Best of all it looks bad arse on my bike (Blue Triad SP). I'll post a pic once I get them uploaded.

Kudos on making a great product.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you confirm whether or not you shipped one to cambridge, ontario? i paid by paypal on may 4th, but haven't received mine yet.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
pm sent.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Is this bag (substantially) equivalent to the one Trek makes for the SC?
Quote Reply
Re: New tri product: the Speedpack 480 [rrkid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrkid wrote:
Is this bag (substantially) equivalent to the one Trek makes for the SC?

No, it is not. The Speedpack 480 is a soft pack (with an HDPE plastic stiffener) that fits most bikes using velcro attachments. Trek/Bontrager's box (the one that I've examined) is a hard plastic tub with a fabric lid that fits the speed concept only, using the speed concept's top tube bottle bosses. But the Trek box looks like it has more of a utility vs. aerodynamic design.

However, we will soon be releasing a new pack, the Speedpack 480SC, that will mount exclusively on the Trek speed concept series bikes, both the carbon and the aluminum frames. The Speedpack 480SC will be 100% identical to the standard Speedpack 480, except that it will have no velcro straps, it will have holes in the pack (and in the plastic insert) ready for mounting on the speed concept's top tube bolt bosses, and it will include two bolts for this. The Speedpack 480SC will rest on the speed concept's top tube, about 1 cm aft of the top tube cable holes (it will fit whether or not you are using the speed concept's rubber cable cover).

We are targeting a mid to late June availability for this pack, but initially our quantities will be very limited. But if you are interested in this pack, please send us an email or pm and we'll update our website and take some pre-orders so you can reserve your pack when its ready. (If there are any unforeseen delays or problems, we'll refund 100% of any funds.)

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is a picture of it mounted on my Triad SP. As you can see with 0 spacers below the stem it's height matches the stem. Like others I unzipped the front and forced it around the top-tube cabling (this takes up some of the storage space). I put a co2, chuck, 2 tire levers and 2 gels in there. I had my spare tube stuffed under my seat.

Quote Reply
Re: New tri product: the Speedpack 480 [onboost91] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that actually looks really good. props on the slick rig.
Quote Reply

Prev Next