Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New fork question
Quote | Reply
I am looking for a new fork for a Tri frame (not yet purchased). What do you recommend? I was going to go with the Easton EC90 Aero, but thought that I heard that was not the best way to go. Any thoughts?

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Re: New fork question [bigsky17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What bike are you putting this on? You REALLY want an all carbon fork with carbon "drop outs"? I am still up in the air about carbon/carbon/carbon forks...you need to be careful with your Quick Release if you get all carbon - and what does it save? 4grams?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have also heard that it is not all that aerodynamic. I havent seen any data, just hearsay...
Quote Reply
Re: New fork question [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am also a little wary of this because I use a fork mount bike rack on my car (I know, FOR SHAME!).

I'm looking at a couple of frames to build up this winter (Litespeed, Quintana Roo, C'dale or Leader). It will depend on what I can get on Ebay or elsewhere for a good deal. The idea is to build it up a little at a time so my wife doesn't realize how much the bike really costs. ;)

This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time. - Fight Club
Industry Brat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The idea is to build it up a little at a time so my wife doesn't realize how much the bike really costs. ;) "

at least you got that part down!

I went to REI on Saturday, just looking around... and then - a pair of carbon soled Shimano tri shoes, 50% off at $79! One pair, my size, summer close out. I wasn't looking for new shoes, I have 4 year old Sidi T1's, but...

they are now hidden on the top shelf of my garage.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: New fork question [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
you need to be careful with your Quick Release if you get all carbon
Why?? you are talking about solid carbon/epoxy where the clamp is located.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply