Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II
Quote | Reply
Has anyone ridden the new Evo CX tire which is now up to 320 TPI who can comment on it as compared to the old version either in terms of ride quality or rolling resistance?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II [valdlaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have them on my Litespeed...they are yellow and cool.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II [Record10Carbon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed, they are cool but how do they ride compared to other tires you have ridden, in particular compared to the old version which shows very good rolling resistance numbers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its hard for me to tell you what the precise differences are but I like the new ones better. They roll well, have good grip and dare I say it don't seem to flat easily. I like them enough to have now put them on two bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have these tires on Zipp 808 (tubular). I really like them. I used to have the previous version and can't tell the difference. They are lighter though.

Ken

"the trick is to keep losing weight until your friends and family ask you if you've been sick. then you know you're within 10 pounds. if they start whispering to each other, wondering if you've got cancer or aids, you're within 5. when they actually do an intervention, you're at race weight." - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These tires are great, period. I was originally concerned about their fragility, but I am very pleased with <insert knock on wood> their puncture resistance and durability. I can't believe that the tread pattern still looks near new and I have about 1,000 miles on them and I'm 215lbs. NOTE I use a separate wheel/tire for the trainer so I don't beat this up. To my own feel, these are much smoother and faster feeling than the GP4000s I've run for the last 2 years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ride one and I like it but I am interested in seeing some RR #'s as well. Should have them soon as the tire is now in capable testing hands. Clincher version.

Dave Luscan
http://www.endorphinfitness.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Agreed, they are cool but how do they ride compared to other tires you have ridden, in particular compared to the old version which shows very good rolling resistance numbers.
Cant tell, then again - I can hardly tell them from a ProRace 3 or even the wire bead tires on my fixie....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Has anyone ridden the new Evo CX tire which is now up to 320 TPI who can comment on it as compared to the old version either in terms of ride quality or rolling resistance?

Thanks.

There should be an improvement, at least in theory. In practice it is very hard to notice a difference, they both ride great.

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Re: New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II [Dave Luscan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I ride one and I like it but I am interested in seeing some RR #'s as well. Should have them soon as the tire is now in capable testing hands. Clincher version.

Dave Luscan

I believe AFM has already tested one of these...I can't recall off the top of my head how it ranked, though. Al?

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I talked to a guy in a crit a while back that used them and he said he had nothing but problems with them, I don't remember why though.

Ride Scoozy Electric Bicycles
http://www.RideScoozy.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i read a test in the latest german bike magazin "tour" that the rolling resistance is higher than it used to be and that the puncture resistance and grip are very average...
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II [msuguy512] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
my second favorite clincher behind the pro2light. switched from prorace3 tire to the vittoria and couldn't be happier. the ride is just better. Don't know how to explain it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pretty sure from memory that rr was the same a previous versions with the added advantage that puncture resistance should be better.

i was hopin rr would be lower but it appears hard to compete with specialized for rr
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II [jcaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which Specialized tire are you referring to?
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II [tomikasa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
i read a test in the latest german bike magazin "tour" that the rolling resistance is higher than it used to be and that the puncture resistance and grip are very average...

That's the second time this has happened with a Tour test...after they initially tested them to run fairly fast a few years ago. The last time it happened it was speculated that they actually had mistakenly tested a 20C model since that's what the pic in the report showed. I'm not sure why it happened this time. The only thing is, they seem to be the only people coming up with that result...

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Dave Luscan

I believe AFM has already tested one of these...I can't recall off the top of my head how it ranked, though. Al?

I've tested the tubular 320 tpi's - the Crr was slightly better than the 290's IIRC but not much as you might expect. As Dave said one of the clinchers is in the mail. Should be able to test it next week.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II [AFM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so the crono is [still] better then the 320 CX - tubular?
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
so the crono is [still] better then the 320 CX - tubular?

The Crono rolls better but is fragile - I and several others have flatted them in races - many have also had great results using the Cronos.

Here is the link to the 320 tpi tests:

http://biketechreview.com/...c.php?f=1&t=2500
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've never had problems with the Open Corsa (older model) with regards to flats and i've ridden them hundreds of miles past their prime out of laziness (i.e. too lazy to put new ones on).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fantastic! Can you post your result on this thread?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I'll have the tire this week along with 2 lightly used Pro 3 Lights and also a new Bonty RXXXL tubular. Will post on BTR and then provide a link here.
Quote Reply
Re: New Vitoria Open Corsa Evo CX Clincher II [jamlo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I've never had problems with the Open Corsa (older model) with regards to flats and i've ridden them hundreds of miles past their prime out of laziness (i.e. too lazy to put new ones on).

Nor I. Did my first IM (Vineman full) on them, and I regularly do training rides on them. Figure probably 1000+ miles off my first set, finally had to change the rear tire out, but the front is still on there, and doing well.

Got a pair of the new ones sitting in my garage waiting to be put on. Figure I will do so shortly before IMAZ 09, and treat my bike to new tires.

my triathlon/motorsports blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I'll have the tire this week along with 2 lightly used Pro 3 Lights and also a new Bonty RXXXL tubular. Will post on BTR and then provide a link here.
Fantastic! Thank you so much for all of your hard work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did the tests this morning. Thanks to Dave Luscan and James Scott for the tires.

http://biketechreview.com/...c.php?f=1&t=2604

Edit - Corrected link
Last edited by: AFM: Sep 2, 09 14:31
Quote Reply

Prev Next