Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Tri Bike For Next Year
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,

After racing short course for the last two years, I'm going back to Ironman next year so looking at purchasing a new bike.

Not bothered about groupset at this moment in time so only looking at frame options.

Truth be told, I'm not sure that the differences between the ones I've narrowed it down to will make much difference in the grand scheme of things, so I guess part of my decision will come down to which I find most aesthetically pleasing.

I've narrowed it down to the following:

Quintana Roo PRFive.

Hong Fu Avenger TM6.

Giant Trinity.

Specialized Shiv.

Cervelo P2 / P3 / P5.

Diamondback Andean.

Ribble Ultra TT (Joe Skipper IMUK fame).

I do like to go against the popular choices though and not conform like most.

Any help or suggestions would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Pat.

P.S. I'm currently swinging towards the QRFive and the TM6 with the TM6 taking pole position.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike For Next Year [Avoneer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you gotten fitted properly yet?
spend the money up front and make sure it's a one-time purchase and not something you're trying to shoehorn yourself into because you either got bad advice or bought a bike that was on sale and it turns out it doesn't fit. That being said any of the Cervelo and the quintanaroo bikes are good choice not that there's really too many bad ones on your list. Also I don't know if you're looking at whatever the factory base bar is that comes with those bikes or if you're intending to upgrade but take that into consideration with whatever you're planning on building as far as adjustability and fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What are your fit coordinates?

Trent Nix
Owned and operated Tri Shop
F.I.S.T. Advanced Certified Fitter | Retul Master Certified Fitter (back when those were things)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you looked at the TT01? http://m.dengfubikes.com/index.php?s=/131.html

Stack is too high for me, but if that isn't an issue for you, then it looks like a pretty well sorted design. There is a vendor selling it with better bars that have a tilt adjustment as well as normal extension clamps; think I saw it on aliexpress but maybe it was ebay. There are more detailed pictures out there as well.

Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike For Next Year [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Guys,
Sorry about the delay.
Which fit coordinates are going to be most relevant and I’ll measure them.
Here’s a pic of my current setup - I have my base bar quite high, but this can be dropped as I can pedestal the pads and bars.
Cheers,
Pat.
P.S. Frame has to have two lots of bottle mounts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply