Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [triflorida] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree with triflorida. Take a good look at Elite Bicycles. Do a search on ST to find some customer feedback. I have yet to hear of a dissatisfied Elite rider and you can get some kickass paint schemes too.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [IM Student] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd throw in here that you should also consider the Felt line of bikes, which in my opinion are the best buys on the market.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [chrisc70] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guru would have custom built to your spec....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am completely on board with triflorida and sevans. ELITE is a great bike and a great company. As for aluminum, I wouldn't worry about it. A lot of people say it's a rough ride and it can be (my Cannondale), but my Razor is way more comfortable than my Pinarello which has carbon seatstays. Don't be scared of aluminum. Just to support what sevans said, check out my ride and the custom paint job. Also, feel free to PM me is you want the long and detailed story about how great Elite has treated me. I have posted numerous times regarding them and I am always happy to spread the word.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...i?post=542150#542150

I proudly DO NOT post my workouts on Facebook!!!
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You serious? Since when does your time have anything to do with a bike purchase?

If someone came into our shop and wanted the highest end bike we sell and they do 7 Hour Half Im's, it makes no diff. to us. More power to them.

I did the Ottawa Half in 5:36, Peterborough Half in 6:13(damn heat!) and have just ordered my new Guru Chrono. I don't care if others think I am a "poser" for having that bike at slow speeds, it fits like a glove, Guru stands behind their work and I love the look of it. (As do many other bike companies!)

It's up the the original poster and a good LBS to get the right fit. Everyone on here as their fav. bike, only 1 may actually be right for the OP.

Proud member of the Guru Cartel, EH!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yaqui. I just bought a Ocotillo and it fits like a glove! The longest that I have ridden on it so far has been 50 miles but I had no comfort issues during that time. www.yaquiusa.com, Ves will fix you right up!

jimmyk
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [Irongirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanx to all ur insights on tri bike. I am going to give Elite a phone call to see what they have to say and will look into P3-SL as well. Guru Crono is way too $$$ for me though. A bike fit is definitely imminent before i make the final decision.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Um... I just saw the 2005 P3SL on All3Sports website for $3000 factory Dura-Ace complete. I think they are making room for 2006 stuff. That is a pretty good deal. And Patrick is awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: New Tri Bike!!!! [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Uhm Dev, I'd have to humbly disagree and say the P3SL is ONLY for anyone with $3599 ($4899 CDN) in their bank account according to the prices listed on the Cervelo website."

You are so old school (not that there is anything wrong with that). The P3Sl is only for anyone with $3599 ($4899 CDN) in the bank account or on their credit card! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you don't consider Yaqui, then you are missing out on one of the best tri bike purchase and riding experiences out there. Ves knows more about building bikes than anyone I have talked to - from fit to components. He will make you a great bike, and you will be faster on it. Period.
Quote Reply

Prev Next