Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be great if you could!

I guess mainly find out when the public can order one!
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [sigmachi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hinted to the owner (Paraic) that it would be really great if with this launch, they let one age grouper, possibly with an affiliation to the Tri club they are partnering with for the event, ride one at IMAZ.... lol

Wait that perfectly describes me! :)

http://www.TriScottsdale.org
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What did he say to that? :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been told they'll hit the same fit ranges as the previous SC model. That and US pricing are the last pieces I'm waiting for now.

I think they missed the mark putting on their 51mm wheelset though. When you've got a 62 and 75 set and that's what everyone else is doing for their tri and TT bikes, it just seems odd to put shallower, all around type wheels on it.
Last edited by: mccormas: Nov 17, 21 11:41
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [mccormas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any intel on whether the new SC will be available as frame-only?
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [fatguytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fatguytri wrote:

i think it's pretty clear that this bike's launch is imminent, since a number of retailers have it up on their websites, almost certainly in violation of embargo dates (but, that's above my pay grade).

i suspect just about every question you'd want answered, including this one, i'll be able to answer for you. but i respect embargos. fortunately, this one's just about up.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [mccormas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mccormas wrote:
I think they missed the mark putting on their 51mm wheelset though. When you've got a 62 and 75 set and that's what everyone else is doing for their tri and TT bikes, it just seems odd to put shallower, all around type wheels on it.

agreed, at 9k sterling for ultegra you don't expect to be having to upgrade the wheels (and add a power meter)

probably won't be available in a meaningful way for another year anyway
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
fatguytri wrote:

i think it's pretty clear that this bike's launch is imminent, since a number of retailers have it up on their websites, almost certainly in violation of embargo dates (but, that's above my pay grade).

i suspect just about every question you'd want answered, including this one, i'll be able to answer for you. but i respect embargos. fortunately, this one's just about up.

I, too, will be happy to give some input as I have several clients on a bike that may or may not be released soon. ;-)

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Slowman wrote:
fatguytri wrote:

I, too, will be happy to give some input as I have several clients on a bike that may or may not be released soon. ;-)

I'll be interested in hearing what you have to say about this. i dreamed that i spoke to engineers and aerodynamicists from some bike company, about specific elements of the bike they (in my dreams) developed. they made the sorts of claims that you could only expect to hear in a dream, so, of course, in my dream i asked some pretty pointed questions. (things i might not ask in real life.)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would said dreams usually be made reality at 8am EST typically?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sigmachi wrote:
would said dreams usually be made reality at 8am EST typically?

you just never know with dreams ;-)

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Slowman wrote:
fatguytri wrote:

I'll be interested in hearing what you have to say about this. i dreamed that i spoke to engineers and aerodynamicists from some bike company, about specific elements of the bike they (in my dreams) developed. they made the sorts of claims that you could only expect to hear in a dream, so, of course, in my dream i asked some pretty pointed questions. (things i might not ask in real life.)

Might be a better discussion offline. While I realize it's difficult for a large company, with sponsorship obligations in both the cycling and triathlon world, to keep things under wrap, I do wish the details of a bike like the one rumored to be coming would be released all at once instead of internet sleuthing unwrapping bits and pieces here and there. I think it would be more interesting to gauge spontaneous consumer reaction as now it's scattered across a long curated thread and multiple postings. I have my thoughts, to be sure. I meant to reach out to you for your thoughts earlier. I did smile a time or two reading all the rumors I must admit.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’ll bite early for when u can release details….. is it 15 watts or whatever it was faster for rrealzzz or is marketing twisting our nips. I have the current sc from 2014. Mono plug in dialled etc and I’m looking at it thinking wtf they finding ways to lower THAT much drag.

Look forward to yours and slowmans input in due time
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [IamSpartacus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IamSpartacus wrote:
I’ll bite early for when u can release details….. is it 15 watts or whatever it was faster for rrealzzz or is marketing twisting our nips. I have the current sc from 2014. Mono plug in dialled etc and I’m looking at it thinking wtf they finding ways to lower THAT much drag.

Look forward to yours and slowmans input in due time

When it comes to manufacturers claims of specific aerodynamic savings, I would say consumers should always be a bit skeptical. Could I make a current Speedmax CF SLX 12 watts faster than the previous version? Sure, I could do that by making a few key adjustments to the setups. Can I throw a backpack on a Cervelo P5 Disc to make it 13 watts slower than QR VP-R? I could. Is there really that much difference? Of course not. Claims of 12, 13, or 15 watts are a bit silly in my opinion - those are huge claimed improvements above current designs. I could certainly construct tests to find those savings, but it wouldn't be reality. As a consumer, if a new bike was anywhere between 3-7 watts faster, I'd consider that a pretty big win, especially on the pointy end of that scale.

I'd happily be wrong. If I test a bike and find it to be consistently as fast as claimed, I'll shout it from the mountain tops. Don't hold your breath, though.

I will also state that I have not aero tested any bike that has a release date this week. Just haven't had the time to do it...yet.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Rideon77 [ In reply to ]
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Rideon77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe 10AM EST :P
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Mitchell Mathews | Community Manager | Trek Bikes | @mitchmathewz
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [Mitch@Trek] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
love it Mitch XD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

YAY https://www.trekbikes.com/...colorCode=grey_black

no custom Project one?
Last edited by: sigmachi: Nov 18, 21 7:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
US is live as well.
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [elf6c] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sbernardi wrote:
$18k!!!

Thats Canadian. Not USD.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: New Trek Speed Concept [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It look solid enough. I'm not sure I'm a fan of the proprietary extension area. The cheeky attempt to claim a 15w gain is a little underhand (thanks for discussing that Dan). All in all, it looks like a well made but unspectacular evolution rather than revolution. I guess that's really all we could hope for. What are the differences between the SL and SLR versions though ?

To counter what Dan said in his article, I'd argue this isn't really the last one of the big brands to launch a disc braked bike - Giant are yet to show their replacement for their Trinity.

(p.s. Just to correct Dan, the isospeed system isn't like - or does the same job as a carbon plated shoe is. Either way, I'm wondering what measurable advantages the isospeed damper system provides in reality.)
Quote Reply

Prev Next