Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Softride Owner
Quote | Reply
I'm a noob to the sport with 1 summer under my belt. Just bought a Softride Century last week and was curious if any Slow Twitchers know of any forums, etc for softride owners. I haven't received the bike yet but I'm excited to have a new steed. Just want to read up on them and learn what I need to do to upgrade for Tri.

Thanks and Happy Holidays

Tik
Quote Reply
Re: New Softride Owner [Tik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
coming into my third year of Softie ownership and I've never heard of such a place..there are a few other owners on this forum and we sometimes get into heated debates with unbelievers but we let them think their bikes are faster;-) One thing to do for sure..is take a pic (a unique one would help) of you and the bike and send it in to Softride. They'll add you to the beam team..maybe put your pic on the website...
and send you some free Softride swag for being a member. Plus you get the inside scoop on goings on in the company. Welcome to Softride ownership..you're gonna love the ride
Quote Reply
Re: New Softride Owner [Kentiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Ket
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you like the Softy. I have ridden one for 2 years and love it. i still really like riding my standard road bike, but for the long tri training, the softride rules. Hope you enjoy yours as much as i have.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With a beam bike, try to make sure you take full advantage of the rolled forward pelvis position, in case you weren't able to ride like this on a regular frame. It really works your gluteal muscles more, which seems to me to be a good thing as far as power goes. I rode my beam bike (although not a Softride) for 50 miles two days ago...the only thing that got sore was my glutes, not my nether-regions. For me, that's a nice change from a normal double-diamond framed bike.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply