Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet
Quote | Reply
Per title, I came across the Smith Jetstream today and am curious if anyone has rode in it yet or knows the data behind it.

Looks like some bigger vents and a longer tail vs the Podium.

New Jetstream

Old Podium

Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [ttreise] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To the naked eye, that looks a lot more in line with some of the more aero helmets. Data needed, and of course very athlete specific.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [natethomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like a good option since the Rudy Project is out of stock. I've been looking for a new aero helmet, may have to give this a shot.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
reminds me of some of the Ekoi's I've had through the tunnel. or a cross between a specialized and a Limar

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like the look of this helmet...I too am interested in aero data.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
reminds me of some of the Ekoi's I've had through the tunnel. or a cross between a specialized and a Limar

So would you recommend it then? Or should we test? :)

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I went ahead and placed an order with a 15% discount code from Smith. I like that they include a hard shell case and a clear visor! I don't have any way of testing, but I can offer up my opinion in comparison to the Giro Vanquish.
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [dfru] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dfru wrote:
desert dude wrote:

Summary of what we have learned from DD over the years about helmets:
(1) Option 1-test
(2) if option 1 is not feasible, buy an Aerohead or RP Wing.
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [Th4ddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did you get the discount code? I created an account on their site. Do they eventually email you a code for your first purchase?
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
dfru wrote:
desert dude wrote:

(1) Option 1-test

Oh for sure - there is hardly anything Brian writes that I don't just trust. Very tongue in cheek haha

DFRU - Detta Family Racing Unit...the kids like it and we all get out and after it...gotta keep the fam involved!
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [RUDist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got an email with the discount code after signing up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can I borrow that helmet in March?

Have currently 10-14 people going to the tunnel. Figure I can get a good amount of data on it to add to the brain trust.

If anyone wants to come test, we can do 20-45 min blocks where you just test helmets or just test position and helmets.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ordered one today with 15% off email code and free shipping from Smith. Have been looking for a while for RP Wing or similar but either out of stock or won't ship to USA. Smith looks designed like the Adwatt and Codatronca which have had good real world results. I got the two tone color because it looks nice but also comes with smoke and clear lens. The red lense on the black helmet looks great but it's too bright for most races here in Texas. Hopefully they will offer separately the red lense if ever needed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
Can I borrow that helmet in March?

Have currently 10-14 people going to the tunnel. Figure I can get a good amount of data on it to add to the brain trust.

If anyone wants to come test, we can do 20-45 min blocks where you just test helmets or just test position and helmets.

Shoot me a private message, I'll see if I can help!

Riedinaustin wrote:
Ordered one today with 15% off email code and free shipping from Smith. Have been looking for a while for RP Wing or similar but either out of stock or won't ship to USA. Smith looks designed like the Adwatt and Codatronca which have had good real world results. I got the two tone color because it looks nice but also comes with smoke and clear lens. The red lense on the black helmet looks great but it's too bright for most races here in Texas. Hopefully they will offer separately the red lense if ever needed.

I'm in Texas as well and got the gloss white with the darkest lens. Figured I'd need all the help I can get keeping cool and the darker lens is better for the never ending six months of summer.
Last edited by: Th4ddy: Jan 20, 22 18:46
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How much is it with the discount?
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [littlefoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
littlefoot wrote:
How much is it with the discount?

$318.75
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [Riedinaustin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious how hot it feels too vs others. If I recall, wasn't the Podium pretty toasty?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine just arrived today. It's much lighter than I anticipated, although this is my first true aero helmet (unless the Giro Vanquish counts). The front ventilation looks like it'll be quite effective. The center vent hole goes straight through to your noggin, while the two vents on either side pass through a honeycomb lattice that directs the air to the sides of your head. The one thing I hate about my Vanquish is the "Zeiss" logo written on the shield that's always visible when riding. No such branding on the Smith Jetstream, the view is unobstructed. The hard case and extra clear shield are a nice touch.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would you mind sharing some pics of it with it on your head in the aero position?
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [MXGimp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MXGimp wrote:
Would you mind sharing some pics of it with it on your head in the aero position?

Sure thing. These are some stills from a video.

https://i.imgur.com/98fOILe.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/Z5kmOJ8.jpg
Last edited by: Th4ddy: Feb 2, 22 12:17
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My son used the new helmet in the time trial portion of a collegiate race last weekend at Texas A&M. He got first place and really liked the fit and comfort of the Smith Jetstream. Even though it was a time trial, racers had to use a traditional road bike without aerobars. I would say sizing is large. Medium fits like Kask large. Freezing temperatures at race time so not much feedback about cooling. No storage for the visor but it's easy to put on and take off with it in place. Don't see a problem if needing to wear glasses with visor. Quality of helmet and lense is superb.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ttreise wrote:
Curious how hot it feels too vs others. If I recall, wasn't the Podium pretty toasty?

I thought it was better than the last few I have owned, but there was a definite whooshing/whistling sound while air moved through it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really want to like the new Jetstream but whatever I do I can't get it to match the eyeball aero of my Aerohead. Even tilted as far back on my head as possible, I simply can't close the gap to my back/neck. These videos are both with the helmets tilted back equally on my head and in the same positions. I start with a slightly more turtled position and then end each clip with a more relaxed head position. The aerohead just looks better in both...

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
dfru wrote:
desert dude wrote:

(1) Option 1-test

I may well be the only person alive who has owned an Aerohead AND a Wing, and didn't like either of them. I found through relatively rudimentary testing as well as by using the race analytics feature on BestBikeSplit to estimate CdA, that the Wing and the LG P-09 were essentially the same under almost all conditions. Not surprisingly, when placed side by side, they even looked alike. I found the LG to be much more comfortable, so all things considered I sold my RP Wing.
Quote Reply
Re: New Smith Jetstream TT Helmet [Mudge] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mudge wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:
dfru wrote:
desert dude wrote:

(1) Option 1-test

I may well be the only person alive who has owned an Aerohead AND a Wing, and didn't like either of them.

What makes you say that? I’ve owned both and don’t particularly love either of them. I have yet to find an aero helmet that I just love. The LG just doesn’t fit my head so not an option. I’ve stuck with the RP primarily because it’s noticeably lighter than Aerohead.
Quote Reply

Prev Next