Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE
Quote | Reply
The Pro One line has been revamped, and now includes a lightweight tubeless TT version with a tanwall finish. Apparently Lagne was rolling on prototype examples last year at Kona.

https://bikerumor.com/...htest-tubeless-tire/

I'll be interested to see how this stacks up against the GP5000 TL and Corsa Speed.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Aug 23, 19 13:53
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ðŸ‘ðŸ‘
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:
The Pro One line has been revamped, and now includes a lightweight tubeless TT version with a tanwall finish. Apparently Lagne was rolling on prototype examples last year at Kona.

I'll be interested to see how this stacks up against the GP5000 TL and Corsa Speed.

Since it's being claimed as the worlds lightest tubeless tire, maybe comparable to crr on the 5000TL, but can't see it being on the same planet for durability.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:

these are gumwall tires, and you can see them in the pics we've run this year of kienle's bike. this is what kienle has been riding.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [MKirk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MKirk wrote:
gary p wrote:

Since it's being claimed as the worlds lightest tubeless tire, maybe comparable to crr on the 5000TL, but can't see it being on the same planet for durability.

If it is really the lightest then it should be more comparable to the Corsa Speed. The 5000 is pretty beefy in comparison. I will be interested to see if it can roll better than the Corsa Speed. One of these days we are going to be close to peak Crr as well, or at least peak Crr with sufficient durability to finish a race.
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel like that's actually never going to stop improving. Materials science is always advancing and I feel like with every significant advancement they'll be able to drop by small amounts and keep durability. Whereas regardless of the material you can only cheat the wind in so many ways.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
realbdeal wrote:
I feel like that's actually never going to stop improving. Materials science is always advancing and I feel like with every significant advancement they'll be able to drop by small amounts and keep durability. Whereas regardless of the material you can only cheat the wind in so many ways.

I hope you are right. I really appreciate all the improvements in tire tech. Faster, less hassle, more durability, fewer flats. All good things that I am willing to pay a premium for
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tyres look great
The article seems a car crash though; needs a good edit as I left it more confused than at the start !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I mourn the death of the narrowish tire.....I mean 23 really wasn't/isn't that narrow, but I guess if my 23 really is more like a 24 then who am I really kidding. It probably matters not, as a true width 25 should still work well with my wheel(s), but I'd still like the option of a true 23.

My YouTubes

Last edited by: LAI: Aug 24, 19 1:39
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can still get a 23mm gp 5000
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This graphic indicates that weight, rolling resistance, and aero are worse for the new Pro One model (not TT).

???

Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LAI wrote:
I mourn the death of the narrowish tire.....I mean 23 really wasn't/isn't that narrow, but I guess if my 23 really is more like a 24 then who am I really kidding. It probably matters not, as a true width 25 should still work well with my wheel(s), but I'd still like the option of a true 23.

Me too. Most 23s are 25-26mm on newer rims. Too wide for best aero IMO. Tire narrower than the narrowest part of the brake track is best... if you are using a fast tire (low Crr), because all the fast tires have thin tread and supple casings so they have a very rounded (not pointy) shape.
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
LAI wrote:

Me too. Most 23s are 25-26mm on newer rims. Too wide for best aero IMO. Tire narrower than the narrowest part of the brake track is best... if you are using a fast tire (low Crr), because all the fast tires have thin tread and supple casings so they have a very rounded (not pointy) shape.

FWIW, Schwalbe claim that the latest Pro One tires have been designed to measure true to nominal size on a 19c rim.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Aug 24, 19 9:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's cool!
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [rruff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rruff wrote:
This graphic indicates that weight, rolling resistance, and aero are worse for the new Pro One model (not TT).

???

Lower weight, lower rolling resistance (watts lost) and lower drag (fewer watts lost) I guess?
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [CN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're probably right. Normally on these graphs the farther from the center the better.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if there are any sites selling already the new Schwalbe pro one TT?
There are sites that have the new pro one version available, but not the TT.
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [pabloarc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
pabloarc wrote:
Anyone know if there are any sites selling already the new Schwalbe pro one TT?
There are sites that have the new pro one version available, but not the TT.

have not found the TT.. also interestred

have the normal version.. 25=246g 28=280g
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
where did you see the new pro ones?
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [Blainyboy8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you can find them in https://www.trisports.com/ for example.
however that's not the case for the TT ones that I'm looking for.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Pro One TT wont be available till after Kona.... Per Schwalbe but you can buy the NEW Pro One and Pro One TLE on the Schwalbe website...
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have feedback on the new Pro One TLE?
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [scca_ita] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: Pro One TLE (not the TT version):

Well, I just put a pair of 25c Pro One TLEs on my CLX 50s without tools... And I am normally a pansy who does not hesitate to reach for a tire lever. Seriously, they went on crazy easy. Seated first time with my Lezyne Digital Pressure Over Drive pump. So these things are a dream to set up! Oh and not that weight matters all that much, but they weighed just over ~250g each, compared to just over ~300g each for the 25c 5000 TLs.

ALAS, the rolling resistance data for the Pro One TLEs just came out and while a fast tire, they give up ~3.8W compared to the 5000 TLs (2 tires).

So it looks like the 5000 TL will retain the title of "best all-around racing/training tubeless tire." (at least for hooked rims)

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Last edited by: refthimos: Oct 1, 19 11:53
Quote Reply
Re: New Schwalbe Pro One TT TLE [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we'll need to wait then until rolling resistance data is released for the TT version? however that would be a race only tire.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
pabloarc wrote:
we'll need to wait then until rolling resistance data is released for the TT version? however that would be a race only tire.

Sure, but with a 25c labeled tire (generally 26-27mm actual width across) at 80psi (the pressure I use at 75kg), the Pro One TLE (non-TT) measures at 12.5W/each while the new Corsa Speeds cost 8.3W/tire. So that is 8.4W over two tires. I am sure the TT version of the Pro One TLE will be faster than the non-TT version, but I don't think it's going to be 8.4W faster.

So TLDR seems to be: 5000 TL for fast training/racing/TT or tri with solid puncture resistance and the Corsa Speed G2.0s for TT/tri where you're more willing to risk a puncture to eek out those last couple watts.

PS I would have loved to see the Pro One TLEs match the 5000 TLs because they are so, so easy to mount and set up!

Amateur recreational hobbyist cyclist
https://www.strava.com/athletes/337152
https://vimeo.com/user11846099
Quote Reply

Prev Next