Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New PowerTap
Quote | Reply
Am very happy to say that I've finally made the jump and have picked up a used PowerTap and am excited to begin training with power. I have a couple of newby questions...

1. I'm going to replace all of the batteries and start with fresh ones right out of the gate. How long do the batteries last if I'm on the bike 4 - 8 hours a week?
2. What's the best software to review my power data with? I communicate with my coach via TrainingPeaks so regardless of the software I'm using to view my power data, I'll need to be able to upload it to share with my coach online.

Thanks for any help.
Quote Reply
Re: New PowerTap [416.tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Figure a year for the batteries, but I've gone almost two on my latest set.

There are several options out there for SW, DC Rainmaker has reviews of all of them, but I've used WKO+
from TrainingPeaks for years. I think it was ~$125, but it gives me all the cool offline tools and I don't have to buy a TP
subscription. I use a coach intermittently, but I log almost all my data to WKO and then upload to TP. When I'm coached,
all my historical data is there and I just activate my TP link.

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Powertap lists the hub battery life on their website (hours). I'd say 9-12 months of use. Make sure you use the correct Cyclops removal tool (so easy).

Training peaks WKO+ is the way to go IMO. Golden Cheetah is good as well (free).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just got 10 months out of my batteries.

I'm cheap and use Power Agent. But, I don't have a coach either.

Twitter @achtervolger
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am lucky if I get three months out of my batteries. That's riding 6-10 hours a week. My PT is old, but works great.
Quote Reply
Re: New PowerTap [M.S.ironman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does any of that software work on a Mac?

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: New PowerTap [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nice
Quote Reply
Re: New PowerTap [texafornia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Golden cheetah does
Quote Reply