Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Nike Kukini Test ride
Quote | Reply
ordered them last Wednesday and they arrived today. I ordered them thru Eastbay but let me add that normally I buy all of my shoes at the local store, The Running Center, but after they told me that they weren't going to carry this model and a special order might take a month I went ahead and mail ordered them.

I wore the shoes around this afternoon for a while and wasn't too impressed just walking around. Felt a bit too spacious in the toe box. They were comfy though.

If you are buying this shoe because of the velcro straps and you are thinking they will lead to faster transitions, look elsewhere. I still think a pair of Speedlaces would be much quicker.

When I finally got out for my run in them this afternoon, I was immediately surprised, they felt really good. I normally run in Nike Pegasus and am very happy with that. The new Kukini has a soft ride but not overly cushioned. The forefoot cushion is a bit lacking. Overall, as a race shoe for a half Ironman or Olympic distance race, I'd give it a thumbs up. I also just tried out the new Saucony Azura and think it would be fine as an everyday training shoe, but didn't like it for a race shoe. It is a lot stiffer than what I am used too.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply