Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New IM Location- Vote
Quote | Reply
List locations where you think WTC should create a new IM race.

My vote is Austin, TX (swim?)
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Location- Vote [Spiderman05] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Provo, Utah would be fly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New England needs one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Italy.

Surely there's a lake somewhere that has good terrain for bike and run, too. It's the only way Ill ever get to do another Ironman, 'cause the wife LOVES Italy. Mrs. Steveperx is literally counting the hours until Moo is over.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Location- Vote [steveperx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Italy would be great maybe the Lake Como area near Milan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second the idea of a New England location, there are plenty of good spots that could handle it. I bet you wouldn't have to twist the arm of the Endorfun (Timberman) people too hard to hold one at Winnipesaukee. Perhaps a September race to qualify for the following year's Hawaii...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how does califormia not have an im? that's crazy, considering it's the birthplace of the sport. i know it used to blah blah blah... still should. and i don't even live there.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Location- Vote [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I second the idea of a New England location, there are plenty of good spots that could handle it. I bet you wouldn't have to twist the arm of the Endorfun (Timberman) people too hard to hold one at Winnipesaukee. Perhaps a September race to qualify for the following year's Hawaii...

Why would you want to mess with a good thing like Timberman, by letling WTC inflate the price of the event. I would like to see Endorfun sports put on their own Irondistance race. Keith Jordan has done a great job building the Timberman brand and I bet he could pull off a first class IM race without WTC.

"When I first had the opportunity to compete in triathlon, it was the chicks and their skimpy race clothing that drew me in. Everyone was so welcoming and the lifestyle so obviously narcissistic. I fed off of that vain energy. To me it is what the sport is all about."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1. Roanoke, Va.

2. Charlotte, N.C.

3. Chattanooga, Tenn.

4. Columbia, Md.

5. Norfolk, Va.

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Location- Vote [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even though it's NY, isn't LP the NE race?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah Italy needs one. The US has enough already.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Location- Vote [Herschel34] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anywhere from Santa Cruz to Carmel in California would be great. Lake Tahoe would also make for a hard and interesting race.

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Casey [ In reply to ]
Re: New IM Location- Vote [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
There are enough IM's (in the US).
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Location- Vote [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lake tahoe - gasp! that's some thin air. but no denying it would be a beautiful place for an IM. it'd be a pretty tough one to compete in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
some big cities in the USA and Europe will get HIM races within the next years
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Portland, OR - swim in Lake Oswego, ride out towards to the coast down to Lincoln City and Tillamook, run through Lake Oswego, Tigard, Tualitin, Beaverton...thru Nike. Have it in late July, weather will be great.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: New IM Location- Vote [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I live in Lake Tahoe, and I'd love to see a race up here.

Eons ago there used to be a iron-distance race up here in Lake Tahoe - formerly called the World's Toughest Ironman. Brad Kearns has appropriated the 'World's Toughest' moniker for his races in Auburn.

Imagine it - an epic swim in chilly, but crystal clear alpine lake water, a quick bike around Lake Tahoe (with an out and back loop thrown in to round up to 112) and a hilly, rolling, gasp inducing marathon along the lake shore.

A number of us who live and train here have talked about trying to revive this one - it would be epic.
Quote Reply
Re: New IM Location- Vote [TruckeeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto Lake Tahoe.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Eons ago there used to be a iron-distance race up here in Lake Tahoe - formerly called the World's Toughest Ironman.
I thought that race was short of a full IM -- 2 mile swim, 100 mile bike, 30km run (trail run). I think it typcally took folks about the same amount of time as a full IM though :) I never did it, but I always wanted to.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Another vote for Austin! There are plenty of venues for the swim. Mid or late spring would be best as it can get a little warm here.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tahoe. Sweet. An excuse to get an oxygen tent - or just move...

Personally, I think Lake Del Valle in Livermore would be a great location for a very, very tough Ironman race. Swim in the lake, climb the hill, come down to the edge of town, head over Patterson Pass to Tracy, down to Patterson, then back up Del Puerto Canyon to Mines Road then back through the hills to the lake, then a challenging marathon around the lake, through some vineyards, then either finish at the lake, or finish in downtown Livermore.

Not a big tourist draw, but damn tough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To make it really interesting, you could setup the run to the top of mount talac and back down ;-)

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply

Prev Next