Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New Asics DS Trainer
Quote | Reply
does anyone knows when Asics will release the DS Trainer XI?

I bought my 3rd pair of DS Trainer X this year and I am looking for something new.
Quote Reply
Re: New Asics DS Trainer [bratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a pair of the Xs recently, and I believe I was told that it was a fairly new model.

-C

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My spring 2006 catalogue shows a DS Trainer XI. I don't know exactly when that line will be in stores however. I'm sure ShawnF will chime in.

Joel

>>>>
JoelFilliol.com - check out the Real Coaching Podcast
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The XI comes out soon. Some of the running specialty stores will see it mid-November (I think). Then it will be fully released after the first of the year.

If I'm totally wrong, I apologize. We have a ton of new shoes coming out, having a little trouble keeping them straight. You know, check with our customer service, they'll know for sure.

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think we're getting our shipment mid november as Shawn noted. the DS is a sweet shoe but there are lots of other options as well if you want a 2nd shoe to toss into the mix. personal favorites are the Nike Zoom Elite, Saucony Tangent (very tri friendly shoe) and Brooks crap, what was that Brooks shoe's name.... Its the model right below the Adrenaline in the line. Anyways those three are also very nice lightweight mid-stability trainers. I love the Elite personally.
Quote Reply
Re: New Asics DS Trainer [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What Tai was really trying to say is that those other three models are good but the DS-Trainer is the best ; )

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: New Asics DS Trainer [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly what Shawn said, those three are good options but the DS is the grand daddy of all the lightweight performance trainers and can still whoop all of it's little grand kiddies butts.

Man Shawn, you guys have got to bring back the trainer from 95'-96', with the monosock and the flourescent green/yellow duosole and no arch cutaway. That shoe rocked. Actually after pretty much only wearing the DS trainer for all my running and then shying away from them about 4 years ago because of some changes I'm liking this current version a lot. Gave them a test run the other day and they were very very nice...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DS trainers really kick butts!! ;-)
I often race them in some Oly and longer distances.

And sometimes I get lucky, last time was in the Honolulu AG run course, I managed to catch a pair that was flying... :-))

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Man Shawn, you guys have got to bring back the trainer from 95'-96', with the monosock and the flourescent green/yellow duosole and no arch cutaway. That shoe rocked.[/reply]

aaaaah... i remember that one.. happy days.
loved that shoe!

it spent its lifetime running on the sandy beaches of scotland.. loved it... had a deep sense of satifaction tracing back the duosole footprints in the wet sand on the return legs.
Quote Reply
Re: New Asics DS Trainer [sedi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
very funny, there were all these people out there on the course and the only person I really recognized was you. Seemed like I was keeping you at bay until that last mile when you just jetted by!

but yeah the shoes rock, kinda heavy for an Oly though... Maybe Magic Racers or my current fav the Saucony Fasttwitch Endurance, those Sauconys are some kick ass tri shoes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With huge regrets, I had to bail on the DS Trainer X because it is too narrow in the forefoot. I'm heavily hoping that the XI is restored to the sizing standards of previous models.
Quote Reply
Re: New Asics DS Trainer [stevebradley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had to bail after seeing the price tag. 149 CAN. Outrageous. But I have to admit, I loved my one pair I bought.
M~
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shawn,

I have run in the DS trainers for the last few years with no issues and love the shoe. Are there any other models that I should try? I like lightweight trainers and am looking for a 5K\10K racing shoe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How are the Zoom elites wear wise? I love the DS Trainer but the sole has warn at a much faster rate than any of the Asic shoes I have had in the past. I must have clocked up 10 x as many runs in my Tiger paws and the soles are less warn than the DS trainers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shawn,

Is the new DS-Trainers going to have the same lacing pattern as the 2005 models?? I use the older 2004 (grey, black and red) model and tried the 2005 but the topmost eyelet was higher up on my ankle and caused almost a bruise on my ankle from it's location.

I LOVE my DS-Trainers but am worried about the lacing issue and am due for at least two new pairs this spring!

Thanks for the feedback!
Paul

----------------------------------------------------------------
Sponsored by RUDY PROJECT...check out http://www.e-rudy.com
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich stärker.
"What does not destroy me, makes me stronger."
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Götzen-Dämmerung (1899)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Axiom

That's the lightweight trainer if you were trying to remember that one.

Eric
Last edited by: RocketDogEJ: Oct 27, 05 7:01
Quote Reply
Re: New Asics DS Trainer [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the Zoom Elites have a pretty thin and minimal outsole like most lightweight trainers but I've gone through two pairs and a friend has gone through three and we've never worn through the outsole. I've worn down the forefoot pretty good but it definitely looses cushioning before it looses all it's rubber. It's a pretty durable shoe considering how light and springy it is.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't run in Asics since I was about 15, b/c I HATED them. Kept trying, but could never find one I liked. I was convinced (with difficulty) by my LRS to at least TRY the DS Trainer X. I was skeptical...but I LOVE that shoe. Tried the IX...no. But the X, yes! :-)

So...how different is the XI going to be? Should I stock up on Xs now?

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are right, that why I said often, the rest of the time I use some Magic Racers but they are getting quite used...I guess I'll have to buy some DS Racers.

You know how I usually say...if you don't know how to swim, and riding is not your strongest, you better know how to run!!!
And to be honest I had to catch you, after the comment from the coach I had to do it! ;-)

Technique sets the upper limit to where your fitness will take you...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please bring back that old green shoe! I loved the split tongue. Straight lasted. Awesome.
Quote Reply