Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Never, ever do this...
Quote | Reply
Damn I bet that hurt...

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Never, ever do this... [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Apparently, not that much, as the guy walked around for almost a week like that until he went to the doctor complaining of a tooth ache.

What I want to know is, how is it that you nail yourself with a nail gun and not know that you did it? What exactly was he doing at that moment where he could not figure out this had happened?
Quote Reply
Re: Never, ever do this... [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"how is it that you nail yourself with a nail gun and not know that you did it?"

Good question. Also wonder WTF was he thinking to even remotely point the business end of a nail gun in the general direction of his face. I'm thinkin' this boy may not have been the best and the brightest from his school, even if his school was Appalachian Trailerpark Vocational...

I can just picture the guy with heavy gloves on and scratching his nose with the point of the nail gun...

POW

"Shoot, Bubba did you see where that nail went? Dalmn, that was so loud it plum gimme a headache..."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]Damn I bet that hurt...

[img]http://www.keysunlimited.com/images/Nailed.jpg[/img][/reply]

When I was an first year resident I walked into the recovery room one morning and on the gurney was a guy waiting to go to surgery. He had been in a fight and someone stuck a pool cue up his nose, into his brain, then broke it off. Missed everything important and he was going into surgery to remove it.

The nurses afterwards did think it got his inhibition center though as apparently he and his girlfriend couldn't get enough of each other on this open ward during his recovery. Apparently quite a management problem for them. However, in view of how he was injured I think his ihibition center was defective before.

Frank

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AAAAAAchooooooo----ouch!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Reminds me of that skit in Jackass the movie when the guy stuck the toy car up his ass and went for an x-ray. I laughed so hard in the theater that about a quart of Pepsi came out my nose.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply
Re: Never, ever do this... [Frank Day] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Missed everything important"

Figures that with the kind of guy likely to get a pool cue shoved up his nose there wouldn't be a lot of "important" stuff to hit up there.

Considering how difficult it would be to intentionally stuff a pool cue up someone's nose (unless he was unconscious) I'm more inclined to believe that what actually happened went something like:
"Cletis, hold my beer for me woodja? Hey y'all watch this..."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
[reply]"Missed everything important"

Figures that with the kind of guy likely to get a pool cue shoved up his nose there wouldn't be a lot of "important" stuff to hit up there.

Considering how difficult it would be to intentionally stuff a pool cue up someone's nose (unless he was unconscious) I'm more inclined to believe that what actually happened went something like:
"Cletis, hold my beer for me woodja? Hey y'all watch this..."[/reply]

I believe that is close to the most common last words: "Hey guys, bet you can't do this!"

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a true medical case study of a guy that was mugged and knocked unconscious. He woke up bleeding and went to the hospital where they stitched him up but didn't do an x-ray. He walked around for a few years after and complained about headaches. Finally some MD decided to send him for an x-ray. Turned out he had a bullet lodged in his brain.

It was hypothesized that after the mugger had knocked him out he had then shot the guy. The bullet wan't discovered until a few years later.
Quote Reply
Re: Never, ever do this... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]There is a true medical case study of a guy that was mugged and knocked unconscious. He woke up bleeding and went to the hospital where they stitched him up but didn't do an x-ray. He walked around for a few years after and complained about headaches. Finally some MD decided to send him for an x-ray. Turned out he had a bullet lodged in his brain.

It was hypothesized that after the mugger had knocked him out he had then shot the guy. The bullet wan't discovered until a few years later.[/reply]

I am aware of another case of a construction worker who fell at a project and couldn't move his head immediately afterwards but figured out something was probably seriously wrong when his coworkers came up and started being really concerned. He fell on a really long nail and it went in the back of his head and out the forehead, again missing anything important. He was still conscious. the ambulance crew had to hacksaw the nail/spike from the board it was on before the could move him.

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It must have been my Psychology 101 class years ago or something similiar, but I also remember about some guy in 18th century Britain that had a spike somehow driven through his head. The surgeons of the time chose not to remove it so he walked around this way. Apperently his behaviour and intellect was uneffected.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[reply]"Missed everything important"

"Cletis, hold my beer for me woodja? Hey y'all watch this..."[/reply]

I believe that is close to the most common last words: "Hey guys, bet you can't do this!"

Which also goes along with last words uttered by rednecks most frequently "Hey y'all, watch this...."

Quote | Reply
How about this guy?

Quote Reply
Re: Never, ever do this... [Ray J] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"How about this guy?"

Obviously a believer in "if at first you don't succeed..."

I suppose it was when his boss or the safety inspector asked him how the accident happened?
"Well, I was scratching my head with the nail gun like this..."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Well, I was scratching my head with the nail gun like this..."

heheheteehheehohohehehe.

That was good. CE, you've just out done yourself.

All your previous dumbass mindless posts are forgiven, You've redeemed yourself with this one.

hehehehehe. See - I'm still laughing. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Never, ever do this... [Football Mom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Texas the state put black boxes in all pick up trucks to track reasons for crashes. After a 5 year study it was released that in most cases the drivers last words where

"Hey, Clay. Hold my beer and watch this."

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Never, ever do this... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"All your previous dumbass mindless posts are forgiven, You've redeemed yourself with this one."

All of them?

I must be growing on you. Fungus will do that...

Quote Reply
Greatest I have seen [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Garbage truck driver loses brakes on the rig, and hits a chainlink fence. The fencepost impales him thru the chest and sticks him to the seat. Paramedics can't extract him so he backs the truck off himself pulling
the pole out of his chest leaving a huge hole, minimal bleeding and arrives to ER 15 min later wide awake and joking about it. The guy wasn't a "Check this out Bubba guy", just tough. I worked the case, so I know it is true.G
Quote Reply