Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Neuvation wheels
Quote | Reply
I am looking a set of new training wheels and the Neuvation M28 has peeked my interest. Anybody have any experience with these.
Quote Reply
Re: Neuvation wheels [brokentippet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cerveloguy just got some neuvations, had a peek at them, and they looked a very well executed wheelset for a good price, no long term opinion though...i'm sure he'll be by in a moment or three to let you know his evaluation process in selecting them.

cg...paging cg...to the wheel opinion aisle...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A group of us have been using them for the past year. I would generally say that they are not the lightest wheels out there, and the 2006 line is even lighter, but you going to get good wheels for the money.

The builder basically buys rims, spokes, and hubs straight from the manufacturers that supply name brand companies and build the wheels in a easily serviceable design. He also includes extra spokes and you can upgrade bearings easily.

One of the guys termed the wheelset like a "flywheel", where once you get it going, it just wants to keep rolling. I personally didn't think they were that heavy. We did suffer a pretty horrific crash with one of them and bent one of the wheels enough not to clear the calipers. Spent about 10 minutes to get it back to true in the stand. I don't know what that means really, but it survived a crash well enough to be used again, so I would consider that to be a well built wheel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've ridden most of 2005 on a set of M28Aero wheels, and I tend to ride rough roads (not by choice). I've beaten up these wheels, and they haven't come untrue yet. They are very solidwheels, and they look sweet too.

I race duathlons and like it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As my riding buddy Dumper mentioned, I've just got some M28 Aero's. I researched quite carefully before deciding on them. If you check the reviews on roadbikereview.com they have one of the highest ratings. They look good, have a very good hub and seem very sturdy.

They're a great wheel for the money. Not really that all heavy at about 1700 gms but the new ones are down to 1400 gms and change.

I had been riding tubulars exclusively for several years now so these were the first set of clincher wheels I've owned for awhile.
Quote Reply
Re: Neuvation wheels [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys for the input, it makes my decision a whole easier
Quote Reply