Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need suggestion for clip on aerobars
Quote | Reply
I bit the bullet and signed up for Powerman AL actually the Whistlestop Du and I would like to get a set of clip on aero bars for my bike. I don't want to spend a lot of money because I am enjoying all of this so much I think I will probably get a tri specific bike next year. Can anyone recommend a set of clip on bars. Not sure if this is relevant to your suggestion but I have a 56cm Specialized Allez. Thanks for the input

Patrick
Quote Reply
Re: Need suggestion for clip on aerobars [weak] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Patrick,
I used the Easton AeroForce bars. Great! Lightweighted and stiff, prepared for front shifters.
I already bought my tri-bike, maybe you are interested in buying them. I payed 150 €, around 200 USD. Rode them just from last August on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really like Syntace, and a try on ebay may set you up for well under 100.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Researched this myself a while back. The most common suggestion for a road bike clip on was to get a shorty bar such as the GT slammer. Which is what I did.

Turns out I have long forearms and was not comfy with the shorty bar. Now I use Profile Split Second AL clip ons and I have been very pleased with the fit.

So, I am suggesting that you buy the aerobar which fits your body type. And If you have the proper dimensions for shorty bars, they are the recommended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Small size Syntace C2's with the aerolink. Used them on a Giant TCR road bike and they worked great. I agree that the Profile Jammer GT's get uncomfortable after a long ride on the bars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you need to put your elbows/forearms on the tops of your road bars and determint the right length and wrist rotation that is the most comfortable. Then look at yer back and try to get it as flat as possible whilst being comfortable. It's all about staying aero so make it as comfortable as you can. Years of trial and error, go to a shop that sells bars and bring your bike. Ask if you can try several before you buy and then tip the owner/salesperson for their time and patience.
Quote Reply