Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Napa Valley Half
Quote | Reply
Did any of you compete in the Napa Valley Half Ironman this past Spring? I am considering doing it this Fall (offered on the same course) and wanted to get some feedback on the course conditions.

Thanks!!
Quote Reply
Re: Napa Valley Half [Tri girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did it and had a great race. Lacking in post race food so bring your own. Gatorade on the course was watered down and tasted like it was made with a garden hose. I emailed the race director and he said they will most likely be adding a free barbeque because a lot of people complained.

Swim is in a protected cove, nice.

Transition area is asphalt & gravel

Bike route is pretty hilly. One good size climb at mile 28 and another at mile 53. There will be more race route help this fall too.

Run route is big rollers. Pretty hard because it was three loops and once you see it you know you have to do it AGAIN, TWICE! The fall race should be a two loop from what I heard.

Check out the old thread I started on it for a full report.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...guest=4076505#400590

Cheers,

Dave Stark
dreamcatcher@astound.net
USAC & USAT level 2 certified coach
Quote Reply
Re: Napa Valley Half [karma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Karma! That is a great thread (sorry I didn't search for it before posting!)

One question though- do you recommend doing this on a road bike instead of TT?
Quote Reply
Re: Napa Valley Half [Tri girl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did on my tri bike, no issue.

But, the bike course was dangerous. Lots of large, unmarked pot holes. I wrote about them but got not reply back. There also were too few folks or markings for road turns.

Dave

Dave Campbell | Facebook | @DaveECampbell | h2ofun@h2ofun.net

Boom Nutrition code 19F4Y3 $5 off 24 pack box | Bionic Runner | PowerCranks | Velotron | Spruzzamist

Lions don't lose sleep worrying about the sheep
Quote Reply