Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NYC next week...any indoor trainer studios that will allow drop in?
Quote | Reply
Going to be in NYC for a week starting april 9. With the weather being iffy, anywhere I can do trainer workouts (doesn't have to be smart trainers) that allow drop in? Will have my own bike. Thanks! If weather gets good, also looking for group rides to go on. Not time constrained. Will be hopefully doing the wednesday, saturday rapha ride. Thanks! FTP around 3.5-6 if that matters for the group rides.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC next week...any indoor trainer studios that will allow drop in? [gasman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can try Tailwind Endurance. It's $32 for a session if I remember correctly.

You can also do a day pass at Chelsea Piers for free and use the spin studio (which has reasonably accurate watts) or the wattbike. There are computrainer workouts also, but I forget what the price is for a non-member.

Failing that you could do a Flywheel class (pseudo watts) which has an element of competition, but that wouldn't be on your own bike.

Rapha ride sounds like a good idea. I know some of the guys who do that and 3.5w/kg should put you on a similar level to the majority there.

Feel free to DM me if you need help reaching out to someone
Quote Reply
Re: NYC next week...any indoor trainer studios that will allow drop in? [gasman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tailwind has both smart trainer or a cyclops phantom bike (if you don't have your bike with you)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could also become a member of NYCC for $1 and join one of their many group rides. But, they don't allow aero bars, so if you're not bringing a road bike, don't bother.

Tailwind is also a great option. Never done the Rapha rides, but I've heard they can be gentle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to come across the bridge to Brooklyn, I’m happy to accommodate.

TriBy3 Performance Coaching- 597 Degraw St in BK between 3rd and 4th Aves. I have an 8-unit CompuTrainer studio and a Kickr here, plus treadmills, Vasa, whatnot. We have a class on Thursday night at 7pm but feel free to reach out if you need some other timing and I’ll see what I can do.

Greg@TriBy3.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gasman wrote:
Going to be in NYC for a week starting april 9. With the weather being iffy, anywhere I can do trainer workouts (doesn't have to be smart trainers) that allow drop in? Will have my own bike. Thanks! If weather gets good, also looking for group rides to go on. Not time constrained. Will be hopefully doing the wednesday, saturday rapha ride. Thanks! FTP around 3.5-6 if that matters for the group rides.

Central park at 5:30am is a great place to do some work, rain or shine, just be careful around lasker pool if its wet. Harlem hill was recently repaved so it's oh so nice and smooth

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks a bunch for all the tips. Will see what happens with the weather next week!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually do flywheel or the peloton studio when I’m in NYC

A great hard workout, but it’s $$$
Last edited by: mvenneta: Apr 4, 18 19:36
Quote Reply
Re: NYC next week...any indoor trainer studios that will allow drop in? [mvenneta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ride Brooklyn in Park Slope Brooklyn has a computrainer Studio, I believe that it's $25 for a hour, as long as there is no class going on, drop in's are totally welcome there.

----------------------------
http://www.instagram.com/cyclewise
Quote Reply