Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

NYC Physical Therapist Recommendations
Quote | Reply
Hey guys,

I have some injuries I'm looking to rehab following my last IM, including bursitis in my left knee and bicep tendonitis in the left shoulder. I've never been to a physical therapist before, and wanted to see if any fellow New Yorkers had a physical therapist to recommend. I called around to a few places and it seems like the cost of physical therapists run the gamut (have gotten quotes from $100/visit at Professional Physical Therapy to $250/visit at Finish Line PT). I'm happy to pay more to get properly rehabbed, but it's hard to determine who's "worth it."

My insurance (Aetna) isn't great, throwing another wrench into the equation. They cover PT after meeting a super high deductible, so for all intents and purposes I'll be going out of pocket.

Appreciate any feedback! Thank you guys.
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Physical Therapist Recommendations [JonathanNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Finishline doesnt use "balance billing" so they normally chew through a deductible rather quickly.

Normally the first N visits are @ 250, then it drops to100 until you finish your deductible.

you can also check out Symbio PT or Clutch PT... but i think most of the good ones are going to bill similarly
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Physical Therapist Recommendations [dcohen24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks man! I’ll look into those other folks as well. I might give negotiating a shot to see if I can get the rate down at a few of these guys before moving forward. My deductible is $5,000, so I think it’s going to be tough to chew through that unless I’m a regular visitor (which I hope I’m not...)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Chelsea Sports Med, specifically Matt. Has been great with looking at the whole body and not just area that is injured/hurt.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i go to Hiro at Tai Chiropractor on 45th/5th. Have been seeing him a few years and have several other tri friends who swear by him too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jess Hettler at Hospital For Special Surgery is absolutely fantastic
Quote Reply
Re: NYC Physical Therapist Recommendations [TriBy3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the recommendations, all! I really appreciate everyone taking the time to provide their feedback and advice here.
Quote Reply