too many to pick from !

I'm going to Germany and Austria in May and want
to get these tickets booked ASAP.

thanks in advance

DB
Quote Reply
Re: NTC : Online travel booking sites ? [dan IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For international it is tricky.. for domestic, i like travelocity..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sidestep - it searches the airlines websites for you.

Orbitz works well for searching - but you can save $5/$10 if you buy from the airline directly.

- and although this won't help you for your May trip - get on Northwest's mailing list - every 6 months or so I get a letter from their marketing dept. with some good promotional fares to Europe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had excellent experiences with Orbitz. I've used them extensively domestically and internationally. They have a low fare detector, which alerts you via email if the price on the segment you are looking at has dropped.

Never had any luck with priceline. One thing I do is to get the various airline rates on Orbitz then go to the airline web sites and see what prices they have so I can see if it's the best deal.

I travelled to Europe last year in both May and August. I saw that on May 28th or so, the rates went waaay up. I got a $580 fare round trip to Paris leaving on May 24th for Geel, Belgium, but the best I could find in August was about $910. Summer travel in Europe is expensive.

With the exchange rate, Europe is now pricey, but well worth the trip. It really broadens one's American perspective.

Also wanted to let you know that when Orbitz messed up, they stepped forward and double refunded my money. I booked a hotel in Lucerne last November. It said ".2 miles from city center." Unfortunately for me, that city center wasn't Lucerne, but a $20 taxi ride away city center. I contacted them and they refunded $80 to me. I paid $40 in taxis and they doubled it. so that's the way to treat a customer!

Good luck,

Mark

Fast-Finishes.com
Triathlon and Running Race Timing
Athletic Event Management
Quote Reply
Re: NTC : Online travel booking sites ? [themuse1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks everyone.

I ended up booking via Orbitz - they were the cheapest.

Funny thing - sidestep found the same fare, when I chose
it : it directed me to Orbitz..

DB
Quote Reply