Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My snow run tonite
Quote | Reply
We got an inch of snow here (Philly) today. I got my new pair of nb871's and my Ultimate Direction Access Plus waistpack (bottle and gel flask holder) in the mail. I've never run with these shoes or a waistpack before. I was excited so I went right out in the snow. I ran about 8 miles and the waistpack was great. I didn't use it.... but, it felt comfortable and I tried getting the bottles out and putting them back in. I didn't have any problems at all. No bouncing... nothing.

The shoes felt pretty good too up until about mile 6. Then I felt some rubbing on my pinky toe on my left foot. I got a small blister on the top of the foot but... not too bad. I'm hoping I just didn't tie the shoes tight enough and my foot might have been sliding. We'll see tomorrow!

Thanks to everyone that recommended Ultimate Direction to me... so far so good!
Quote Reply
Re: My snow run tonite [thisbetc621] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats on a successful trial run with the new gear. I did a snow run of my own in DC, which was made doubly interesting by the labrynth of concrete barriers and TV trucks downtown for the inaguration. There's still nothing like running in the snow on a quiet night, although my right knee might disagree...
Quote Reply