Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My new '04 Felt DA!
Quote | Reply
On Friday I went over to R and A Cycles (racycles.com) and got fitted on my new Felt DA 700. I wanted the frame because the geometry fits me perfectly (in size 54) and I liked the stiffness of the bottom bracket, the aero seat post and the Reynolds Ouzo Aero Fork that come with it and the fact that it's painted a simple sexy and punk rock matte-black. Because I splurged on the frame, I went for a full Ultegra set-up, Syntace C2 aerobars, Deda Newton stem and my new favorite saddle: the Fizik Arione (very comfy and "fast"). Felix did a supreme job of getting me dialed in just right and really took the time (2.5 hours!) to find my sweet spot from adjusting my cleats to multiple micro-adjustments to the stem, post and saddle, etc.

I was able to do two 60-milers on the DA this weekend and the thing screams on the road. My average speed was a good 2.5 miles per hour faster than on my road bike and I had no trouble at all maintaining 26 mph on the flats for extended periods. On out of seat climbs I felt like the energy I put into it wasn't wasted with any flexing, just pure energy transfer. It also handles (almost) better than my road bike--it keeps a straight line very easily without the front end "nervousness" of certain tri-bikes. Maybe it's the fact that I'm on a new bike, but this thing is way beyond what I ever imagined and worth every penny, so far, because I smiled the whole time I was on it (bugs in teeth and all).

1 bad thing: my wife wouldn't let me sleep with it next to our bed the first night I got it, so I had to go into my study and stare at it a few times throughout the night. I felt like such a kid.
Quote Reply
Congrats!! I am soon to share your excitement... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm going to Tom D's shop on fri to pick up my new Cervelo P3. I'm sure I will feel just like you!

Doug in Michigan

Quote Reply
Re: My new '04 Felt DA! [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Niiiice. I'm loving my new '04 B2 as well (punk rock matte-black also). Just finished building it last week, and promptly put a 70 mile ride on it. Definitely solid, can't wait to get dialed in and put more miles on this thing.

Andy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm glad you enjoyed it and the fit is good.

You articulated exactly what I was trying to describe when I spoke about the [i]ride[/i] of the bike. It's handling makes it a joy to ride anywhere, not just in a straight line out to the turn-around.

Enjoy!

-SD

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
awesome!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sounds like a sweet ride. i just picked up an s22 on thursday and had a nice 30 miler yesterday. i feel fast now :) have a great season!

geoff
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I had no trouble at all maintaining 26 mph on the flats for extended periods.

Not bad for Feb...you riding the tour!?

-

David
* Ironman for Life! (Blog) * IM Everyday Hero Video * Daggett Shuler Law *
Disclaimer: I have personal and professional relationships with many athletes, vendors, and organizations in the triathlon world.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
why didn't you just sleep in the study?

i will keep my eyes open for punk rockers on the gwb.
Quote Reply
Re: My new '04 Felt DA! [bryanjaf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"why didn't you just sleep in the study?"

The thought did occur to me, oddly enough. Definitely watch for me on the gwb. BTW: When does your tasty new Elite come in?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
On Thursday I heard it had gone for heat treatment. Hopefully by the end of March it will be back in the shop but no one has made any promises to me. All I know is that most of the money is no longer in my bank account. Thankfully, I have at my disposal an ample supply of Methadone.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet! THe choice of flat black shows you are punk. I on the other hand would have to have a gloss on it do to the rudeness in my heart.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply