Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
My nephew survived Iraq!
Quote | Reply
My nephew should have cleared Baghdad airport by now. He is with an MP unit which has been in Iraq for about a year. Of all places, his unit was sent to Abu Ghraib, arriving about 2 weeks after the place hit the headlines. His duties took him into the field in many surrounding areas. It will be great to get him back home.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
"Jim, I happen to agree with you" DougStern
Quote Reply
Re: My nephew survived Iraq! [Jim Mishler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love that guy big time! Glad he is alright.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim,
That is wonderful... we are just in the beginning of the rotation with our son.
Jay

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Give him a big hug and tell him 'thank you' for me. I appreciate everything that he and eveyone else like him has done.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
awesome! glad to hear it. and thanks to him for doing the job no one wants to do.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: My nephew survived Iraq! [ridesign] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
and best wishes to him and to your family, as well

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: My nephew survived Iraq! [frogonawire] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank You....and to everyone who has posted or otherwise thought of anyone serving "over there"...wherever over there may be.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim--Super.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim,

I'm so happy to hear this. As someone who was there in 90/91 (with the 101st Airborne Division)the first time around, I can tell you it is no picnic. War is nasty and anyone that comes out of it alive is changed forever. My heart goes out to all the soldiers and civilians who are over there.

Again, I'm very happy to hear he's made it back safely.

Trae

--
Trae McCombs
TSR - Sponsored by the Masses. Racing for the hell of it.
Ironman Finisher 2005 -- 14:09:18
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
man, it sure will be great to have him home. prayers to you and your family--and especially him!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please thank him for his selfless service and outstanding courage. I'm pleased to hear he is home safe where he can rest, get some good food and enjoy our country.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome news! My nephew is heading to Afghanistan in Feb. I think his mom is more scared than he is. He has only been in the Army for six months and off to war you go. Guess those guys have to learn quickly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank him for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll admit to being with the 52% of Americans in the latest CNN poll that think that Iraq is a mistake, and it's the last place I'd want my kids to go, but I am very happy that your nephew made it home safely. Let's hope they all come home safely.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very good to hear!! A friend of mine has been twice and will be heading back for a third time. ;-(

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Make sure you show him this thread...and give him a gigantic "thank you" for us.
Quote Reply
Re: My nephew survived Iraq! [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
On a lighter but not unrelated note....that reminds me of a cartoon I saw in the paper recently.

The last two surviving soldiers still fighting WWII were recently discovered on a remote Pacific atol.

Hashimi Karamoto, 92 of the Imperial Japanese Army returned home and was shocked to discover how changed his homeland was.

Private Bob Reilly, 94 of the USMC returned home and was shocked to discover that the Depatment of Defense was sending him to Iraq to complete his service requirements.

Glad your nephew made it home OK....hope all the other families with people over there are as lucky.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Last edited by: MattinSF: Jan 20, 05 15:42
Quote Reply
Re: My nephew survived Iraq! [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Again thanks to everyone responding. Sounds like about two weeks to process back stateside, debrief, and handle paperwork to cover equipment issues or turnover or whatever. I'll make sure he is aware of everyone's good wishes.

Let's remember there are tens of thousands remaining or on the way...and the many whose return is less joyous.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know how you feel. I had one nephew over there during the "war" part of this debacle and another nephew there trying to win the "peace". I think about him EVERY day. CST
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
did he find some weapons of mass destructions? how many dead terrorist-children has he seen .....
Quote Reply
Re: My nephew survived Iraq! [remi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You my friend are an ASS!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: My nephew survived Iraq! [armytriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe, but I'm not your friend!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If he lives in Detroit area, let me know and dinner's on me at my restaurant. Congrats to your family for getting him home.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you were not expecting an a similarly inflammatory retort.

I'll stand side by side with you to support your right to say whatever you want.

I'll even stand side by side with you to support your right to hide behind the skirt of anonymity to hurl inflammatory barbs.

Your post makes me even more thankful that we have people like my nephew and hundreds of thousands like him who selflessly represent your right to be an individual with the freedoms you may enjoy and to use however you choose.

Enjoy the picture in your mirror each day as I do.

Good day.

Train hard...race well.
www.jimmishler.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
did he find some weapons of mass destructions? how many dead terrorist-children has he seen .....

there are a lot of people with legitimate gripes about this war and why we are fighting it and there are correct times and places to express those gripes.

This thread is neither the time nor the place Remi.

Tasteless.

----------------------------------------------------------
"A society is defined not only by what it creates, but by what it refuses to destroy."
John Sawhill
Quote Reply

Prev Next