Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My fuelbelt stinks
Quote | Reply
I recently purchased a fuelbelt while out of town on a business trip, and I have a problem: all the bottles stink. Not that they are bad, they just smell horrible. Every liquid I put in them comes out tasting nasty. I tried soaking them, washing them, everything. Has anyone noticed this. And yes, I've already imagined all sorts of reasons why they smell, so no need to present your ideas. However in the spirit of all things gross, give it your best shot if you want. Thanks for any help.

-----------------
My races
Boston Marathon
Florida 70.3
Was IMMOO, Now IMFLA
Quote Reply
Re: My fuelbelt stinks [JTG2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had the same problem with mine. No matter what you do to clean them they will continue to make whatever you put in them taste like it smells. Just call Fuelbelt and they will send you more bottles. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This happened to me as well. I contacted fuel belt by email and recieved a response within 10 minutes. They sent me new, good bottles and it has been great since.

fuelbelt@libertyint.com

------------------------------------------------------------
"One thing I have found there are just two ways to go
It all comes down to livin' fast or dyin' slow"- Robert Earlk Keen Jr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can also try a 10% bleach solution to clean them. Let it soak for a little bit, and it should kill anything growing in the bottles. Make sure you rinse them very well afterwards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine smelled like burnt plastic, nothing helped. I even soaked them overnight in some extra spicy hot marinade.

I finally emailed fuelbelt (www.fuelbelt.com) and they sent out 4 new bottles that did not (still don't) smell.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guess I better check all the belts at work:(

sounds like a stinky job
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what aromatic sensations you get with your bottles, but I use mostly water with mine and inevitably there is a hint of red bull flavor that becomes more apparent as the temperature increases, that is I don't notice it while the beverage is icy cold.

Rather than fight the tendency for the bottles to have/develop unintentional flavors, perhaps they should just market the bottles in different flavors.
Quote Reply