Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona?
Quote | Reply
Anybody know if there is a chance he may race? I sure would like to see him give it another shot at what ....51, I think? His fitness always seems to be great and the kids are getting a little older, so...

Anyone hearing anything????
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He lives across the street from me. He isn't racing Kona.

Mike Ricci
2017 USAT World Team Coach
USAT National Coach of the Year
Coaching Triathletes since 1992.
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [Mike Ricci] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is eerie becasue I was just thinking about Dave and serving up a similar post!

So for those of us who grew up following Dave, could you catch us up on what he's up to, what kind of shape he's in, how he is training, does he ever jump in to ANY races, etc? It would be cool to know how Dave is doing.

Thanks! Ray
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [toj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave won a sprint tri in Florida in early August - beat two young guys named Tinley and Molina. Z
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave is fat and out of shape, I lap him in the pool everyday.
He wishes he was as good as me!
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [simon lessing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Simon - See you in Kona - Let me know if you need any Gatorade Endurance for week - Also if I pass you on the King Kam with the truck, I'll pull you into town again. Z
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [simon lessing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're such a bastard!! : ) You know you can't win an IM during the swim...

Shawn
TORRE Consulting Services, LLC
http://www.TORREcs.com

Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You are right Shawn ... but he can win it on a Barolo & running in a pair of Gel Flash! ;)

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [trifaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, he doesn't like those shoes. I don't think he likes anything!

Shawn

Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [ShawnF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You better find him something pronto!

-------------------------
Dave Latourette
http://www.TTENation.com
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [trifaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DS-Trainers will get him down Alii Dr.

Shawn

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You guys should see my new light weight all carbon MAVIC wheels I will be using. Dave also tells me I am going to run 2h35...........someday.

But seriously, have you guys ever seen Dave Scott out of shape.
At 51 he still has no body-fat and is as ripped as ever. I told him he should start body building!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, no kidding. I bet Dave could still go sub-9 in Kona.

Shawn

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simon, Dave Scott is the most ripped bodybuilder to ever win Kona. Sounds like you need to put on some cosmetic bulk like your coach to get to that 2:35 that we all know is sitting in your legs waiting to be unleashed on the lava fields...
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [tomziebart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom,anyway I can get in the back of the Budget truck during the race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You won't be running 2:35 if you don't run longer then 2:00 like some of your training partners tell me...You need to run longer Simon...

Dave hasn't been out of shape since 1955 or so when he had baby fat on him...

Mike Ricci
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simon -

We might be able to work something out -

I'll put a ramp in the back and park the truck around mile 20 on the King Kam - just ride up the ramp.

I'll have a nice comfortable chair and some cold Gatorade in the truck for you.

Might even be able to get a lap top hooked up so you can watch the race on Ironman Live.

I'll drive the truck and drop you off before the turnaround. Your on your own on the way back.

No one ever stops me in Kona, since I have the Gatorade signs on the truck - they just assume I'm dropping off product for the race.

Z
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [Mike Ricci] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike, the armchair internet fans say that Simon just did a 3+ hour training run a few weeks ago in Penticton. He'll be ready to rip in Kona. Better for him to save his legs now and run sub 2 hours in training...after all, he'll just have to run another 35 to 40 min more on race day...>2 hour runs are overrated :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike, my long runs are 20 miles (2 hours) In fact I did a really long one a few weeks ago 3h18, shit that was hard!
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [devashish paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev, good point on IMC, but SL had trouble from 2:00 on at IMCdA and IMC - hmmm - it's not a coincidence. Your point is well taken, but in this instance I respectfully disagree. :-) I am off to see Ed Viestuers speak tonight - maybe the best endurance athlete in the world...

Mike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SL - you also ran one Monday in case you had forgotten :-)

Mike Ricci
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's gonna run 20 mile in 2 hours in Kona as a warmup and then he's just going to run a sub 36 min 10K to close off his day. Dave will have him in the weight room bulking up and turning him into a bodybuilder so he has the power to cruise through those final 10k :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Dave is fat and out of shape, I lap him in the pool everyday.
He wishes he was as good as me!
Funniest thing on ST today.
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [Mark M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rather he wouldn't since he'd be in my AG.

Which brings up the old question - is it appropriate for retired/ex pros such as Scott to run as AG'ers?

I'd love to see an over 40 masters pro class. Then it might offer more incentive for some of these folks to come back.
Quote Reply
Re: My annual wishful thinking post: Dave Scott in Kona? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Until they have a Masters Elite , Masters Legends or Masters Ex Pro category it is more than appropriate for these dudes to race age grouper, although something tells me that Mr. Scott would want to race pro and be the first 50 year old to go sub 8:30 !
Quote Reply

Prev Next