Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

My Tektro RX 4.1 aero levers won't fit in my Profile bars...
Quote | Reply
My Profile CBX Pro aerobars and my Tektro RX 4.1 levers and pissed at each other. The levers seem just a little two big for the bars. Anyone else had this problem? I can turn down the levers a bit or take a little material out of the bars (much rather turn the levers). Maybe I should just get some profile levers. I'm assuming this problem is because of the greater wall thickness of carbon basebars versus aluminum.
Quote Reply
Re: My Tektro RX 4.1 aero levers won't fit in my Profile bars... [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Profile carbon bars have been known to be at best a bit tight, at worst impossible to use with some other brands of levers. I had two different sets of Carbon X bars. The first set fit my Syntace Space Control levers; the second did not. I used some sand paper and took to the levers. I just didn't like the idea of messing around with the carbon. After about an hour of playing around...the levers fit...barely... But that is what I'd recommend...rather than screwing with the carbon...
Quote Reply
Re: My Tektro RX 4.1 aero levers won't fit in my Profile bars... [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tai- It may not be as complex as turning down the brake lever insert. I just filed down my Syntace Space Levers in order to get them to fit in my oval base bars. It is vastly preferable to take the material off the lever as opposed to reaming out the inside of the bar. It took me 20-30 minutes with a good file to get the brake wedge down to the proper size.

Chris
Quote Reply