Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
My New Ride (Well sort of!)
Quote | Reply
I thought I would share with all of you my new Scott CR1 Team Issue frame and fork I purchased a couple of weeks ago. I just moved everything else over from my other bike except for a new seat post and stem. I need to go back in and let my LBS cut the fork down a little over a 1/2 inch but other than that it is complete. As far as ride the bike is a rocket (well at least when I ride by myself!). :) Let me know your thoughts!

Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride (Well sort of!) [Keep it Fun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mega nice.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Come on!...You could at least use a wood outlet cover! ;)

KEEP ON TRI-NG
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am suprised you let your trimmer get away with those big mitre joints.

OH yea Great looking bike.

K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is an awesome machine - on my very short list for a replacement road bike. Very nice choice indeed.

Did you get to test ride it much before buying? I'm having a hard time finding one to test extensively. Come to think of it, yours looks about my size, where are you? :)

Re: My New Ride (Well sort of!) [rroof] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to tell you at 6'3" I feel your pain on the test ride issue. It is virtually impossible to ever actually test ride anything! I did luck out though on this one as it was actually built up and ready for purchase as a complete bike. They let me take it out as long as I wanted, but honestly after about 15 minutes I was hooked.....awesome handling (rock solid). The Scott Dealer was reluctant to break it down and sell just the frame, but I pestered him long enough to give in as it was a 2005 and I actually wanted the one with the decals. If you live close to Columbus Ohio Berry's Cycles I think has a size large built up. Mine is an XL and it fits perfect. Good luck in your search.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your seat is clearly too high.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very sharp.

add a yellow-accented saddle and yellow bar tape?

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride (Well sort of!) [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the suggestions as I have heard yellow bar tape already, but not the saddle. My only concern is that with anymore yellow and I may look like a big bumble bee going down the road! :) Thanks again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
like a big bumble bee going down the road...screaming "LOOK AT ME, HEY EVERYONE LOOK AT ME!!!!!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet looking machine!!
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride (Well sort of!) [Greg X] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AAAAACCCCCHHHHH...DO NOT use the yellow bar tape suggestion! Gauche! Stay with black, or go white.
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride (Well sort of!) [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh, nice ride, though.
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride (Well sort of!) [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks that was my thoughts exactly!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You mind telling us the cost of the frame? Wonder if i can afford it myself. thanx!!
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Re: My New Ride (Well sort of!) [IM Student] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No big deal! I paid 2,250 for the frame and fork, but keep in mind it is a 2005 and he had it in stock. I also was in no mood to keep looking anymore to try and save. I did see a couple of brand new frame/fork sell for around 1800 on ebay, but they were not a XL size. I think the suggested retail price is somewhere around 2,950 although my LBS said he would sell me a 06 model for 2,600. Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ooh - Columbus! Yeah, I'm down in Cincy (where else). I didn't know there was a Scott dealer there. I may just look them up, thanks!

Quote | Reply
Cincy....is the town feeling good about the Bengals even after the Steeler loss? My son is a huge Bengals fan so I need to take him to see a game soon. Chris is the manager and he is a nice guy and fair to deal with. I will say they are not the best wrenches so if you buy something and can build it yourself, or take it to someone you trust that would be your best bet. I could give you a couple of examples but why. Good Luck!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine is for sale. XL, maybe 500 dry miles, stock, looks essentially new. Probably will sell without wheels, let me know if you are interested.
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride (Well sort of!) [davidd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
XL is way too big for me, but thanks. Why are you selling?

Quote | Reply
FYI, I had never purchased a compact style frame before and found it rather odd since the measurements are taken from different places on every manufacturer. Its that "Virtual" measuring thing I guess! None the less it is rather confusing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sweet. Thinking of chucking my Trek in for one of these if I can get it past the wife. That a nude carbon finish? If so, she prob won't notice as the Trek is similar...... ;-)

JC
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride (Well sort of!) [GatorDawg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]Come on!...You could at least use a wood outlet cover! ;)[/reply]

LOL!

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply

Prev Next