Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD!
Quote | Reply
Well here she is getting ready for her first dance tomorrow. I thought about posting a few pics of my dogs to deflect some attention from the bike, but I decided to take the criticism head on. Paulo, please appreciate that I did not call this bike pjorn...it may be fetish of some kind...but not pjorn. Oh, and she's fast! Please also note that I am aware of the black marker on the house. It was courtesy of my youngest child.
Last edited by: switchtotri: May 19, 07 8:44
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [switchtotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I almost barfed breakfast when I saw that bottle cage UNDER the downtube...

Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [Paulo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for posting the pic. I didn't put it there and honestly have no idea if it is even a feasible place to put a bottle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
use the mounts for a splash guard when riding in the rain...buy one of those rear wheel mounting fenders and drill a couple of holes in it. As a bonus it will increase resistance when training;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no comment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Be Still, My Heart....

Nice ride. It looks great with those HEDs.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That bike frame will be my next purchase when I get tired of my Zipp 2001's (if ever).

I had a Softride SE7 and a Trek y-11 with the "under the downtube" bottle mounts. Be VERY careful as its easy to catch a finger on or IN the wheel!!

Nice bike!!

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope im not the only one that thinks that bike is ugly.
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [zipp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll post a full review of her after I put some more miles on. I contemplated using my road bike tomorrow since I haven't had a lot of time on the bike yet, but since it is a sprint I will live with the fact that I am not completely dialed in yet. It is definitely faster than my road bike.
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [ancientdude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All you have to do is search the archives and you'll realize that you are in good company regarding the looks of this bike; however, I have never seen a negative review of this functionality of this bike
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any bottle under there needs to have a cover over the top. You know, just in case you ride through some place like the Carnation Valley (think "big dairy area"). Or road kill.

It's a decent place for long rides (you see a lot of these on touring bikes). I had 4 mounts, including one like that, on my old Schwinn Cimmaron (wish I still had that frame).

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Some are born to move the world to live their fantasies...

https://triomultisport.com/
http://www.mjolnircycles.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't you wonder if one of those Bontrager bottles under that tube would somehow improve the aerodynamics of the brake and and front derailleur. ??????
Paging John Cobb.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Bontrager bottle under the tube would rub with the wheel. On anything less then a dry day on good pavement, your water's going to taste like mud/road debris, and heaven forbid animal crap on a country ride. I don't understand the downtube bottle cage. If you that desparately need more hydration get a behind the saddle cage like the Aquarack.

Adam

Euro-Sports.ca/The Foodery Team member
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [brider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"big dairy area"
Yah I have a lot of junk in my trunk too. No need to be embarrassed about it, you can say it in english if you want.
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks like there's a lot of room there.??? Besides I'm thinking in terms of (whisper here) a faring, and maybe emergency water.) It would be easy enough to put somehing over the nozzle. My softie has a mount down lower than that, but there's much less room between the downtube and the wheel/tire on it than on that TF. It looks like there are 8-9 inches there.

Take everything I say with a grain of salt. I know nothing.
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [docfuel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good way of ruining a good set of wheels ,sure is a ugly frame
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Administrator [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...I have never seen a negative review of this functionality of this bike...

This is a very good point. I also haven't seen anyone post a bad functionality review.

=====================================
"Yeah you point a finger back far enough and some germ gets blamed for splitting in two."

Colonel Saul Tigh from Battlestar Galactica
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you get it to fit in the end? Were the giraffes helpful? :)

Forget speedwork. Speedwork is the icing on the cake and you don't have a cake yet. - MattinSF

Basically they have 9 tenants, live life to the fullest, do not turn the cheak, and embrace the 7 deadly since. - TheForge (on satanists)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
never did any bike touring, did you?

the "underside" bottle is for stove fuel, or for certain tourists, whiskey ...

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [GregX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the "underside" bottle is for stove fuel, or for certain tourists, whiskey ...

no it is for gin !
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [cheyou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ok, gin also.

and brandy and any other premium blends....

Where would you want to swim ?
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [Lazy Ben] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The giraffes were very helpful. Actually, it is a testimony to the customer service that Tom provides. When I told him my dilemna, it became clear that the other, more expensive frame, was better suited to my body type. He told me to ship him back my frame and he would replace it with the other frame if I took care of shipping. The new geometry seems much better, but I'll give further updates after I have ridden the bike for a while. Opinion is not worth much if it isn't based on any actual riding.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Im pleased your happy with it.

But the million dollar question is WHY???
Quote Reply
Re: My New Ride: WARNING TITANFLEX PICS AHEAD! [HDND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Before my recent foray into triathlon, I played junior, then high school, the college, then minitour golf. The number of swings that I have made in my life has left me with a unpredictable back. Sometimes it feels good, sometimes not. I wanted something that I could ride all day long. My road bike is pretty good (an all carbon Argon18), but after a lot of research and talking to the owner of the company for a couple of months, it felt like the right decision. So far so good, but like I said, I'll post again when I have some significant miles on the bike.
Quote Reply

Prev Next