Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Muncie 2017 WC Slots
Quote | Reply
1st qualifying race for Chattanooga 2017. We shall see whether any roll down in about 1.5 hours...

Edit... Tried to attach picture from my phone but I don't think it worked
Last edited by: wbattaile: Jul 9, 16 11:37
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [wbattaile] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you seen any numbers or anything?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep us posted. Espically m30-34
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [Trispoke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trispoke wrote:

I tried to post it from my phone but it wouldn't work. I could send the picture to someone if they're willing to post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:
Trispoke wrote:

I tried to post it from my phone but it wouldn't work. I could send the picture to someone if they're willing to post.

You can send it to me if you want at tjgerlach at gmail

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent; thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mens 40-44 will roll down at least two.

And my wife said during the race that they were giving 4 at 40-44....I am on the road, you can have mine!
Last edited by: turningscrews: Jul 9, 16 12:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:

And my wife said during the race that they were giving 4 at 40-44....I am on the road, you can have mine!

As far as I can tell I finished 4th 35-39 so some lucky 40-44 will get it. Congrats on a great race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:
turningscrews wrote:

As far as I can tell I finished 4th 35-39 so some lucky 40-44 will get it. Congrats on a great race!

Likewise!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bonked my way out of the top 10 and left. Any updates from anyone?
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [Elitist Jerk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elitist Jerk wrote:

You weren't alone, I passed a lot of athletes in the last 3 miles that had stopped.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:

Explain this to me - why would your 35-39 spot go to 40-44? Wouldn't it roll to 5th in 35-39?

I was hoping some of the Steelhead guys in our AG would get slots here, but it doesn't look like it. I probably need a sinkhole to swallow 10 doods to get a sniff at a rolldown anyway.

Great race, BTW. Super even - 3rd best swim, 4th ride, 4th run. Very impressive.

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
wbattaile wrote:
Sent; thanks!

Surprised M35-39 and 45-49 had more starters than 40-44, it's normally the largest group.

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [Elitist Jerk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Elitist Jerk wrote:

The oldest M and F age groups gave up their slots to M45-49 and F35-39. Many AGs didn't roll at all, and some rolled 1. A couple rolled 2, and M18-24 rolled to like 10th...
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [MI_Mumps] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It wouldn't; I was responding to Turningscrews that someone would get lucky in 40-44 and get his slot. I took the 4th of 4 slots in 35-39... No slots rolled in our AG.

Thanks for the kudos, I'm not great at anything but I try to beat them with consistency! Haha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gotcha - that makes sense.

Maybe not "great", but most folks would likely be very happy to pull off any one of those legs!

Aaron Bales
Lansing Triathlon Team
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [turningscrews] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
turningscrews wrote:
Elitist Jerk wrote:

You weren't alone, I passed a lot of athletes in the last 3 miles that had stopped.

Yup, from 1st in the AG to 7th in 13.1 miles. Just haven't had my running legs this season.

Glad I didn't stick around, I didn't think it would roll any.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where to view Muncie results sorted by age groups?

John Hollenhorst
St Pete Beach
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I talked to you after the race and asked if you won the AG (I was in a red/black tri suit). When you said no I was pretty confused because I knew you were out front off the bike and never saw you afterwards. I assumed you just killed it on the run.

Sorry things didn't come together for you, I guess I was the beneficiary of your misfortune. If you had put together a good run I would have been on the outside looking in. Would have been especially painful with a guy from the 2nd wave beating me by <20 seconds. I really wish they would send off the whole AG in 1 wave.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wbattaile wrote:
I talked to you after the race and asked if you won the AG (I was in a red/black tri suit). When you said no I was pretty confused because I knew you were out front off the bike and never saw you afterwards. I assumed you just killed it on the run.

Sorry things didn't come together for you, I guess I was the beneficiary of your misfortune. If you had put together a good run I would have been on the outside looking in. Would have been especially painful with a guy from the 2nd wave beating me by <20 seconds. I really wish they would send off the whole AG in 1 wave.

Ya, I was probably running so slow, you thought my leg said 58, not 38.

I just didn't put in the work this winter and spring to be in the form I was in the last 2 years. Just that simple. Everyone that beat me, was on form and executed, they earned it. Great performances out there. I really had wanted to ride the fastest bike split on the day and targeted the power I needed and thought I had to fitness to ride 10-15% more power. But it wasn't there and a 2:08 is very impressive with the wind that day. I plugged in 30 more watts and I get a 2:07 in BBS. But it gets increasingly hard to average that much power and ride faster with traffic.

I did have fun dicing it up a little with the Defilippi (team every man jack) and I think Feddock I think (on the pink QR). The longer draft zone means bigger efforts to pull around.

As a side note, I predicted Scott Iott's performance pretty well. i had a feeling he's back on form and could have a great season. He just turned 40 and doesn't seem to be slowing down.

TrainingBible Coaching
http://www.trainingbible.com
Last edited by: motoguy128: Jul 10, 16 8:04
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [Hed Case] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [motoguy128] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
motoguy128 wrote:
turningscrews wrote:
Elitist Jerk wrote:

Yup, from 1st in the AG to 7th in 13.1 miles. Just haven't had my running legs this season.

Glad I didn't stick around, I didn't think it would roll any.

I was in the black 51 kit running with you the last couple miles suffering like crazy. Probably the worst I've ever felt in a 70.3. You and the guy in all the timex gear were the only thing keeping me from walking it in. I recognized your name from a recent podcast interview. I think I tried to say something to you about it but the only thing that came out was slobber and a grunting noise.
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JackStraw13 wrote:
Surprised M35-39 and 45-49 had more starters than 40-44, it's normally the largest group.

Yeah, it was the craziest AG dispersion that I've seen. M35 and M45 each got a re-allocated slot from the older (maybe oldest) AG's

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Muncie 2017 WC Slots [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runner Rick wrote:
JackStraw13 wrote:

Yeah, it was the craziest AG dispersion that I've seen. M35 and M45 each got a re-allocated slot from the older (maybe oldest) AG's

You passed me in the last 1/2 mile & you were just killing it! Even if I would have known that you had just passed me for 4th I wouldn't have had anything left for you! Great, great Run!
Quote Reply

Prev Next