Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mountain Biking / Road Biking- Yosemite Area??
Quote | Reply
I have a family trip coming in June at Yosemite, flying into San Francisco. Is there any descent mountain biking around this area? We will probably also visit Monterrey then head back to San Francisco. I would need to rent a bike for myself and kids. Road biking might be an option but the kids are experienced with Mt Biking and there are not any motorist concerns. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain Biking / Road Biking- Yosemite Area?? [Ann Arbor Jeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea re: MTB.

My wife and my road biking experience in Yosemite was sublime. Plenty of climbing!

Dr. Alex Harrison | Founder & CEO | Sport Physiology & Performance PhD
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
📱 Check out our app → Saturday: Pro Fuel & Hydration, a performance nutrition coach in your pocket.
Join us on YouTube → Saturday Morning | Ride & Run Faster and our growing Saturday User Hub
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain Biking / Road Biking- Yosemite Area?? [DrAlexHarrison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks I may give that a go without the kids. I did find some mt biking near oakhurst outside of Yosemite.
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain Biking / Road Biking- Yosemite Area?? [Ann Arbor Jeff] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe there’s no mountain biking allowed in Yosemite, so you’ll have to do it outside the park. Can’t help you as to trails. As for rode biking, check out Vegan Cyclist on all the usual sites. He lives near Yosemite and does videos about riding in the a. rea. That said, every time I go to Yosemite I wonder how anyone can ride there. Windy roads with awesome views (ie distractions for drivers) and maybe a shoulder that’s a foot wide. I would never ride there, but people do it all the time.
Quote Reply