Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Motobecane bikes: How good are they?
Quote | Reply
A friend of mine got one... and I noticed they had a Tri-bike. It mentions Dura Ace companants...

Is this bike ok, or is one better off with a Dual? (not that I can afford either yet... just checking)

I had never heard of this brand before.

http://motobecane.com/triathlonMBUSA05.html

--
Trae McCombs
TSR - Sponsored by the Masses. Racing for the hell of it.
Ironman Finisher 2005 -- 14:09:18
Quote Reply
Re: Motobecane bikes: How good are they? [occy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've seen a few in person.
Seem like nice/solid bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The original Motobecane bikes were high end made in France with numerous TDF and other wins. The new ones are a Tawain company that bought the name.

AFAIK, the Motebecane tri bike is near identical to the Fuji Aloha tri bike. Seems like a good value entry level tri bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Probably a good bike. You are basically buying a set of components and getting a free frame. I doubt you would be much faster on a Dual if you're set up properly on both bikes. But a Dual is a much better bike. You get a ton of bike for the money with a Dual.

RP
Quote Reply
Re: Motobecane bikes: How good are they? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The new ones are a Tawain company that bought the name.
Actually an American marketing company that licensed the rights to the name and now markets the bikes through an e-commerce outlet as well as a regional chain of bikes stores named Cycle Spectrum, but you are correct in that the bikes are manufactured/assembled in Tiawan!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Crap frame, good components.

My philosophy is buy the best frame you can and upgrade the components over time, so I wouldn't consider this bike.
Quote Reply