Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world
Quote | Reply
Saw them play last night on the Spike TV Video Game awards show. Vince looks like a Jimmy Buffett wannabe, and Mick looks like a mime, but Nikki and Tommy are definitely still 100% metal. I went to bed grinning like Christmas arrived early.

How does this pertain to triathlon? Well, playing my Too Fast For Love tape (yes, tape) increased my power output by approximately 20 watts in today's computrainer sesh, so there. Metal will always beat carbon this and aero that.
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was at a Crue concert in Detroit quite a number of years ago. They absolutely rocked. Absolutely. They were totally sick. They make Metallica look like girl scouts.

Tommy Lee is absolutely rocking out during one song- full on. Some dimwit in the crowd launches a bottle rocket at him. It hits him in the head and explodes right in front of his face. He was so wired on whatever that he didn't flinch. Nikki Sixx just stops playing, clubs the guy in the pit over the head with his bass: Instant riot. Huge fight. The show just keeps on going. Insane. Vince Neil was unaffected.

The guy in the pit or one of his A-hole buddies who launched the bottle rocket actually grabbed the body of Sixx's guitar when he clubbed him. He pulled the guitar into the crowd, probably hoping to pull Sixx in there too. Bouncers appear from everywhere. The music goes on. Sixx calmly walks back stage for another guitar. Bouncers have now retrieved the original guitar and are beating the down south shit out of the guy who grabbed the guitar as they drag him up on the stage then back stage and out of the arena, probably after getting a few more licks in.

The song ends and Vince Neil makes no mention of it. It is as though it was just a typical night for these guys. Which it was. I lost a shoe and got a black eye at that concert. It was absolutely outstanding.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [jhendric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hooligans Holiday and Kick Start My Heart!

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever had a lap dance to "Girls, Girls Girls...."? This is one of few bands that actually writes music for topless dancers.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My respect for you grew with every word of your message. Rock on, brother.

Have you read their autobiography? If not, you will be receiving it from me as a Christmas present (so choose your answer carefully).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wasn't even aware they could read.

I once snatched the microphone from the hand of Jello Biafra at a Dead Kennedys concert. The Cult used our amplifiers once at a show. I was nearly amazing.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Ever had a lap dance to "Girls, Girls Girls...."? "

Too many times to count.

Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Dirt : Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band
by Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, Mick Mars, Nikki Sixx, Neil Strauss

Curl up next to the fire with this one. Should be at your shop's door in 3-5 days. Merry Christmas.
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [Hinds57] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a few tix for the Crue concert here in Reno in March and I am psyched. Might have to break out the animal print spandex, old frilly leather jacket and mullet wig for that bad boy.

Saw Tesla and the Scorpians last week. I think I am still high from the second hand weed smoke. Actually saw one of Reno's finest women there in a tube top - priceless.
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [Fishman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last show I saw was Dokken. They absolutely rule. "Into the fire........"

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hearing this makes me sad that the greatest metal band, GNR, can not get their shit together. Velvet Revolver is okay, but most of their songs sound like old STP songs. That is why I have switched devotion to Godsmack. I would have to agree with the other posters that metal makes you perform. I know several people in my spin class have said that it helps over the stupid pop shit the other instructors play. I think a good helping of Bush, Nirvana, GNR, Motley, Godsmack, and Metallica does a body good. Keep on rocking!
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [hansoa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hearing this makes me sad that the greatest metal band, GNR...
That's like saying that Trek makes the best frames. Are you kidding me? GNR = retail.

Too f@ckin depressed from various injuries to care about having a signature line.

Sponsored by Blue Shield PPO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"They make Metallica look like girl scouts."

Blasphemy, Demerly! Say a penance or two for that!

The Crue rocked back in the day... but they washed up on the shore like bloated glam rock whales years ago...A couple of good albums and then...well...nothing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Have you read their autobiography? "

That book was awsome. I'm now regretting not including it in the "Books that define you" thread. Crue is truly awesome in concert. What a blast. I was still way more freaked out at a Pantera/White Zombie show though.
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Seeing Ministry was a near-life experience for me. A defining moment of my youth.
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know my trek tt is the best frame out there! Appetite for Destruction is one of the greatest albums out there. It was truly one the albums that changed rock forever.
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [Aztec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
People can't seriously be praising Motley Crue and dissing Metallica and GNR in the same breath, can they?

What's the world coming to?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vince lives in Vegas and you occassionally see him around town (at the Palms, especially). He looks like a bloated puffy version of his big hair glory. I think they are going to play a show at House of Blues. I'm there dude!

The Crue rocks ... I can't imagine 8th grade without 'Girls Girls Girls'. Few things matched a middle schoolers libido like a Crue album.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
""How does this pertain to triathlon? Well, playing my Too Fast For Love tape (yes, tape) increased my power output by approximately 20 watts in today's computrainer sesh, so there. Metal will always beat carbon this and aero that.""

I think that "Mis-ter Annn-der-sonn" would agree with you. From what I understand, he's a big fan of the heavy stuff - Nile, Opeth, Meshuggah, to name a few. And you can't argue with the watts he turns over!
Quote Reply
Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [Pooks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
White Zombie rules.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well said, J...well said. We'll have to bring some Crue along with us after Christmas, eh?
Last edited by: Oregondave: Dec 15, 04 17:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey what's up with mick?? I saw him on some awards show last week and he looked like a guy on "one flew over the cuckoo's nest"... something definitely looked strange with him...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dokken - Wow, haven't heard about them in a while! I about gave myself shoulder tendonitis playing the air guitar to them on occasion!

Loved your recount of the Crue concert. I have a similar story while camping out one night for tickets in Cleveland....

Re: Motley Crue is once again...and all is right in the world [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"They make Metallica look like girl scouts."

The Crue rocked back in the day... but they washed up on the shore like bloated glam rock whales years ago...A couple of good albums and then...well...nothing.

Motley crue , played harder, partied harder, Screwed more, Than any band I can remember. Anyone that came close is dead. Just the staying power to survive those years, is just amazing. I like metalica ,but only one guy can really play guitar. . GOOD TIMES
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I was at a Crue concert in Detroit quite a number of years ago. They absolutely rocked. Absolutely. They were totally sick. They make Metallica look like girl scouts.

Tommy Lee is absolutely rocking out during one song- full on. Some dimwit in the crowd launches a bottle rocket at him. It hits him in the head and explodes right in front of his face. He was so wired on whatever that he didn't flinch. Nikki Sixx just stops playing, clubs the guy in the pit over the head with his bass: Instant riot. Huge fight. The show just keeps on going. Insane. Vince Neil was unaffected.

The guy in the pit or one of his A-hole buddies who launched the bottle rocket actually grabbed the body of Sixx's guitar when he clubbed him. He pulled the guitar into the crowd, probably hoping to pull Sixx in there too. Bouncers appear from everywhere. The music goes on. Sixx calmly walks back stage for another guitar. Bouncers have now retrieved the original guitar and are beating the down south shit out of the guy who grabbed the guitar as they drag him up on the stage then back stage and out of the arena, probably after getting a few more licks in.

The song ends and Vince Neil makes no mention of it. It is as though it was just a typical night for these guys. Which it was. I lost a shoe and got a black eye at that concert. It was absolutely outstanding.

I saw them way back in 198? at Joe Louis, opening for Ozzy. They were good but the Ozzman still blew them away.

BTW, that dimwit must have been at Pine Knob as well because same thing happened there during a Maiden concert I saw. Dickinson wraped a microphone cord around the guys neck though. :-)
Quote Reply

Prev Next