Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Most embarrassing training/racing moment.
Quote | Reply
I'll start this off with once my speedo jammers split right up my butt while doing a swim workout. the lifeguard came over to tell me as I hadn't noticed. I asked if I could finish my workout and he said sure!!
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [micaza75] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Following the wrong sign markers and accidentally riding the kids MTB course. It's a sure fire way to go from dead last out of the swim to first place if you're ever desperate.
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [Furious D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Having swim jammers so threadbare in the rear that they were transparent. Finding out after the swim of course, and not knowing how many weeks they may have been like that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training, shat myself about 200 feet from the house when returning from a long run. Thought I could hold it, nope. Had to go in the garage and yell to my wife to bring me a towel and a garbage bag. Told her to just set them inside the door and I would get them, does she listen? Noooooo, she has to come into the garage to see what happened.

Bet next time she listens!

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:
Hopped on my bike at T1, shoes are on the wrong pedals.

I did the same thing. Nothing bugs me more than being in a groove and having that happen.

-------------------------------------
http://www.TriathlonSpot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not really embarrassing, forgot to take my shorts to run training. Happened to be wearing plain black boxers, so just run in them instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First triathlon ever I was so out of shape that I was second to last off of the bike course. I was about a mile past the turn when I noticed a truck coming to pick up the cones. I said to myself "no way I'm letting that truck beat me in". 4:20:xx in an Olympic where they cut the swim to 1/4 mile because of a really strong current.

Last Olympic was 2:19:xx. Come a long way :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedo split up the ass on the blocks for a race.

Canadian Record Holder 35-39M & 40-44M - 200 m Butterfly (LCM)
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mck414 wrote:
Training, shat myself about 200 feet from the house when returning from a long run. Thought I could hold it, nope. Had to go in the garage and yell to my wife to bring me a towel and a garbage bag. Told her to just set them inside the door and I would get them, does she listen? Noooooo, she has to come into the garage to see what happened.

Bet next time she listens!

hahahaha Similar thing hapenned to me last year while running. Tried to hold it but couldn't. NEARLY shit on myself. I was about 4 km from home. It was winter time, so there was no tree leaves to finish the ''job''. Had to jog/walk weirdly to get home.

hahaha

-D
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jackmott wrote:

got fastest bike split anyway

bragpost

Similar bragpost story for me...

First race on my new tt bike and first race with clip in pedals.

Clip stacked it out of T1 and rode off the road into the dirt.

Won the race anyway.

JT Multisport | Facebook | Instagram | World Sport Coach
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swimsuit inside out. Wondered why the lifeguard was all smiley and friendly that morning.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Shat myself right in front of my house. Was running and at about 5k from home started to need a bathroom. I had eaten not long before the run, I should have known.. have had some close calls before but had never full on shat myself. Went straight to the shower and thought about my life for about 20 minutes haha

Then a couple weeks ago this happened. I have no idea how many times I may have swam with them like this.. no one said anything to me.

Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
First triathlon ever I was so out of shape that I was second to last off of the bike course. I was about a mile past the turn when I noticed a truck coming to pick up the cones. I said to myself "no way I'm letting that truck beat me in". 4:20:xx in an Olympic where they cut the swim to 1/4 mile because of a really strong current.

Last Olympic was 2:19:xx. Come a long way :D

shit, you HAVE come a long way.

Not much here, couldnt get out of a new wettie the other week, had to get an official to unzip me as it was stuck. I have also come in a lap early on a bike course and didnt realize until i was getting in to T2, so i had to head back out onto the course for a last lap.
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [TriathlonSpot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonSpot wrote:
jackmott wrote:

I did the same thing. Nothing bugs me more than being in a groove and having that happen.

Reason #3451 to get Speedplays.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LMAO at the shitting stories.

Worst i have done was when i was young, I spewed into my towel after a butterfly race at swim club, never did fly again lol.
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [tom1111] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When I was still a rookie on the bike I once tried to make a really slow 180° turn because I was going into the wrong direction. I wasn't able to get out of my pedals and got so slow that just fell down in slow motion with my shoes still clipped to the pedals. Had to fight a minute before I got out of my pedals!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Always been a left foot unclipperer on the bike.

After my left knee went to shit & I got it scoped I decided it was probably time to even things up a bit, get more wear out of my cleats and get into the habit of right foot unclipping.

Pulled up the the lights one morning and unclipped on the right. All good. Then realized that I had my weight distributed to unclip on the left. Not so good.

Ever so ungracefully fell sideways off my bike to the left with my right foot waving in the breeze.

Luckily it was before 6am so no one saw me. Well, no one close enough that I could hear laughing anyway....
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
another shat story. still figuring out how to fuel for the long run the next morning so ate a huge bowl of Pho noodles the night before. what goes in must come out. Felt it coming but was about 1 mile to bathroom and thought i could just hold it. Nope. Ended up under a tree right off of a neighborhood. Now the idiotic thing i did was to actually keep running. the plan called for 9 more miles and, by God, I am going to finish. Had a rash so bad i could barely shower. the shorts have since been burned. for any long run, i now carry 2 wet-wipes and neosporin in my waist belt. no more chances...
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [blackthugcat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've not been in multi sport for too long, and I'm sure many more embarrassing moments to come, but two come to mind. First experience was my second ride with clip in pedals. I was feeling good after my first time and got a little cocky about being able to do this whole "clip in/clip out" thing. I was riding and came to the intersection of a busy rural highway. Unclipped my right foot, and leaned left, definitely looked like Humpty Dumpty and did the slow motion fall of shame, I'm sure flailing like I got shot. Of course everyone on the highway saw it, even got a few honks as people passed by. Needless to say, it humbled me and made me respect the small details a lot more. Second, my first Olympic distance tri, 55 degree water, and 43 degree weather, I survived the swim, thinking I'm happy, got on the bike and absolutely blew up. Way to cold, couldn't feel anything by the time I got done, by far the worst triathlon experiences I've ever had. I finished, but last in my age group and bottom 1/4 in the race. This was during my HIM training, luckily I used it as motivation and my next race I ended up winning my age group out of luck and qualified for AG nationals. It was a very up and down season for me to say the least!
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [stomponafrog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stomponafrog wrote:
Having swim jammers so threadbare in the rear that they were transparent. Finding out after the swim of course, and not knowing how many weeks they may have been like that.

I rarely do coached group swim workouts, but one time my wife convinced me to go to her's. So I do... and end up in this situation. I didnt even notice until after the workout but I am pretty sure the whole group could see *everything*.

I didnt even bother bringing that pair home, and chucked them in the garbage on the way out of the locker room :D
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
once it took me 45 minutes to change a tube in full view of cyclists doing 7-mile loops on the adjacent road. By the third go-round I'm sure some of them noticed it wasn't going smoothly. By the fourth I imagine bets were being laid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting out of the pool I went down to grab my pull buoy and my jammer split down the ass. I thought no on noticed but I turned around and saw some old lady in lane 3 who had front row seats

Coming back from a ride I stopped at a red light in front of a huge line of cars and decided to track stand. The day before I had put a longer stem on my bike that made my cabling too tight. In order to keep my balance I had to turn the bars far to the right, which pulled my front brake and then I was stuck. Falling in front of a bunch of people is bad enough, but when it's because of a failed track stand there is no mercy
Quote Reply
Re: Most embarrassing training/racing moment. [Louie Chee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I started swimming with the local Master's group, hoping to improve my form. Last week they incorporated deck-ups to 25-yd sprints at the end of the workout. For anyone who hasn't done deck-ups, you sprint the length of the pool and then (without pushing off the bottom of the pool) pull youself up onto the deck; theortetically, this is performed in one smooth motion onto your feet.. The first couple went well but on the third one I got about waist high on the edge of the pool when my hands slipped out from under me on the slick deck, sending me in a reverse slide back into the pool. Apparrently my right testicle was above the deck surface when I slipped. The intense blinding pain shot from my right testicle and up into my throat. I had visions of a popped grape dangling in my scrotum. Because the next wave was right behind me I had to pull myself out while trying not to vomit. Being new to the group I didn't feel comfortable explaining to anyone why I was on all fours gasping at the edge of the pool. I just let them think that the drill was that difficult for me. I now call this drill "nut-ups".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Decided to ride my mountain bike with clipless pedals to the pool. I had been riding clipless for years at this point.

On the way home, I got to a stop light. I unclip on one side, and fall to the other. Do the slow-motion tip over.

I'm in the bike lane next to a full school bus. The driver opens the door and yells "are you ok?"... "fine. thank you!"
Quote Reply

Prev Next