Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Moriarty TT 2018 and future TT road American Records?
Quote | Reply
I haven't seen the Moriarty Record Challenge TT listed for this Labor Day and it looks as if the New Mexico TT champs are the week before. Is Moriarty going to happen in 2018 or beyond? To the best of my knowledge, Moriarty is the only course that was certified and provided proper timing and access to USADA for American Records for road TTs. I know the Sattley area courses were certified but did not have proper timing or USADA last year. So, my questions are:
1. Is Moriarty going to take place? And if not, will the New Mexico TT Champ listed provide record attempt timing, etc?
2. Is there another course in the US that satisfies the requirements for records? If not, it looks like all the current records are safe for eternity.?
Quote Reply
Re: Moriarty TT 2018 and future TT road American Records? [TPerry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't know about Moriarty but the Loyalton (Sattley area) TT is on this year for this Saturday. I know it's surveyed so the only issue is that they get the timing right. They've been pretty disorganized the past couple years, so no guarantee the timing will get fixed, but I would still bet they get it done. nslckevin would surely know.
Quote Reply
Re: Moriarty TT 2018 and future TT road American Records? [TPerry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TPerry wrote:
1. Is Moriarty going to take place? And if not, will the New Mexico TT Champ listed provide record attempt timing, etc?
We are planning on running Record Challenge over Labor Day weekend as usual. I don't think the state TT is being run on a 40 km course (but I'm not certain of that).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NM TT Champs will be in Belen, not Moriarty. 2000' lower, hillier, and rougher pavement, but also a lot less traffic. Not a real fast course. In prior years when we've used it it's been around 32k, not sure there's enough road for a 40k out & back. Also no real point with Record Challenge the next week (for the people who want a real dickswinging 40k time).
Last edited by: vjohn: Jun 28, 18 14:21
Quote Reply
Re: Moriarty TT 2018 and future TT road American Records? [asgelle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
State TT is on the ~30km course near Belen that they always use. When they have it at all.

https://legacy.usacycling.org/...php?permit=2018-2253
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TPerry wrote:
Is Moriarty going to take place?

It always gets on the calendar late for some reason. I've been worried about it in the past, but it always happens. Like clockwork, Sun and Mon of Labor Day weekend. If it wasn't happening I hope Randy would give us advanced notice. ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Moriarty TT 2018 and future TT road American Records? [lanierb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lanierb wrote:
Don't know about Moriarty but the Loyalton (Sattley area) TT is on this year for this Saturday. I know it's surveyed so the only issue is that they get the timing right. They've been pretty disorganized the past couple years, so no guarantee the timing will get fixed, but I would still bet they get it done. nslckevin would surely know.

Loyalton is on for this year. Tomorrow in fact. Last year they had electronic timing, but unfortunately if failed on the day. I got tested by USADA on my way home after the event. At the Bass Pro shop in Rocklin's bathroom... But for the timing failure my record would have been certified. Well, if the fucking official would have actually submitted it to USAC like he said he would anyway...

This year Rob Van Houweling has been working with Randy Shafer at USAC to make sure that the timing and USADA are in place for records. Testing will be like last year with the USADA person meeting us on the way home if required.

Kevin

http://kevinmetcalfe.dreamhosters.com
My Strava
Quote Reply