Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
More about Aegis T2
Quote | Reply
There's more info on this new bike at www.aegisbicycles.com. Here's a picture:

78 degree effective seat tube angle; quite a lot of space between seat tube and tire, compared to the P3. I was given a price of $2300 for the frame...

Ken Lehner

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: More about Aegis T2 [klehner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny guys at Aegis. The geometry is the 78 degrees (there is no 75 degree position) is identical to the P3, to the mm. And that includes one measurement that I made a mistake on when we printed our catalog. Turns out Aegis made the same mistake with their catalog.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: More about Aegis T2 [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Gerard.

-Dave

https://www.kickstarter.com/...bike-for-the-new-era
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard, I'll admit that I didn't believe your last statement until I went out and compared the specs myself. On paper, they're identical.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny. This reminds me of a question on this forum a while back about whether Cervelo would ever entertain making a carbon fiber version of the P3. If I recall correctly, you indicated that there was no advantage to such a bike (at least I think that was your response). If nothing else, it certainly stirs a lot of interest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
LOL. So busted.

OT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you know, its kind of ugly. i like the p3 a lot better. the top tube looks WAY too skinny for my liking. and that gap between the wheel/cutout is huge.

-kevin

"Anyone can work hard when they want to; Champions do it when they don't."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kind of funny that they advised you $2300 for the frameset. They told me $2200. I noticed the big rear fairing gap as well and asked them about it. I thought it was perhaps due to too tight a chain stay length but if specs same as P3 then it must work. Hey Gerard, didn't you patent your design? I actually think the bike looks pretty cool. I asked how much it weighed but they won't tell me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went to the website, but couldn't get to any links with any real info. Just the little tiny picture on the homepage. Where did you get that picture?
Quote Reply
Re: More about Aegis T2 [Puneshio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The picture (and specs) were linked from the Aegis home page, but are no longer there. I don't know why. Perhaps they want to change the specs so it doesn't look like the Cervelo clone that it is?

Ken Lehner

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can´t believe you guys!!!!!!!

Its just another frame!!!!!

to be honest the curved rear wheel cutout is the only identical spec of this bike.

"The geometry on paper is identical" aaaah cmon, how many road bikes have the same geometry.

This is a free market and i hope that the AEGIS T2 is a realy good fram as cervelo is!!

Sergio Marques

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So, we've got the aluminum Cervelo P3, the carbon Aegis T2...When and from whom do we get the titanium X1? ;)
Quote Reply
Re: More about Aegis T2 [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]is identical" aaaah cmon, how many road bikes have the same geometry.[/reply]

None. Just find me two frames from different manufacturers where ALL dimensions in ALL sizes are identical to the mm, including the ones where one manufacturer made an error when printing the catalog (so in that one area, the actual frames are not identical but the intend was they would be).

Not a big deal, just funny, especially since it doesn't seem to match their geometry philosophy which has always been quite far removed from Cervelo's.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here we go again...maybe Gerard can wrestle the guys at Guru at Interbike? Then the winner wrestles the owner of Aegis all while the ABG lawyers give Guru tips and e-mails that Gerard is accused if sending to other people on the internet about the ABG products...THEN we can copyright bicycles dimensions and acuse everyone on two wheels of copying every thing on the bikes they are on...

This is like Al Gore inventing the internet (democrat liar)...Gerard has a nice bike...nothing new though. Nothing ground breaking. Nothing that has not been tried before...maybe he as perfected it...but Gerard sure as hell didnt invent it or come up with his angels while pondering life staring at the night sky for shooting stars....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Post deleted by The Committee [ In reply to ]
Re: Isn't it ironic... [TheChameleon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The folks at Aegis told me the bike can indeed be sucked in closer to the seat tube. They just didn't do it for the photo. Why, I don't know. They also said the curved seat tube does not have a slot in the back like the P3. I am anxious to hear the reviews of this bike at next week's InterBike show.

It is interesting to see how many new tri bikes are coming into the market. I imagine the growth curve of tri bikes must be better than regular road bikes hence all the manufacturers interest. That can only be a good thing for us.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I cant argue with the road bikes geometry....you are in the biz, i´m not.

What i really wanted to say is that the aegis looks like the p3 just because of the curved cutout (ok the geometry seems to be equal) but every thing else looks different. The details that make the P3 a frame with success are not present in the T2.

Imagine that a straight line from the seat clamp to the bottom bracket is filled with carbon leaving the T2 with a wheel cutout but not a round tube like cervelo...and more surface area :-).

Bottom line: The T2 looks to different from a P3, and i say only looks

Don´t get me wrong, i ride cervelo and i love it ;-)

=====================================
S�rgio Marques
When it hurts is when it feels good ;-)
Sergio-Marques.com
Quote Reply
Re: More about Aegis T2 [sergio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All I know is that I would much rather be on carbon for 5 hours than 6000 aluminum..The P3 will beat you to death!

MARK MILLER
Quote Reply
Re: More about Aegis T2 [MARK MILLER] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was gonna say the same thing....looked at the P3 and the Aegis Trident this year...easy decision. If you dont notice the difference between 5 hours on carbon and 5 on aluminum, your a tougher man than I. Cervelo, ya snooze ya lose! Is Steve Larsen still riding a P3?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Frankly, I am surprised that it has taken so long another bike company to copy the deep rear wheel cutout. Admittedly I don't think that the bike looks as cool as the P3 but if I were looking between the two bikes I would have to take a long look at the T2 simply because of it being a carbon bike and despite seeing the value and adjustability of the horizontal dropouts on the Cervelos, I hate dealing with it on my P2k...anytime I have needed to fix a flat it always seems to suck up a lot of time whereas it doesn't on my other bikes.
Quote Reply
Re: More about Aegis T2 [gj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
guys, guys, guys.....I can't help but kick the dead horse here....I thought the forum had evolved beyond the frame material debate??? I guess not.

Like beauty, frame comfort is subjective, and lies in the eye of the beholder. Sure we can measure deflection, fatigue, weight, etc, etc, but when it comes to comfort, that is a subjective measure that cannot be quantified. Furthermore, does it seem logical that the frame material alone contributes more to the total "comfort" of a bike than the tires, wheels, fork, post, saddle, handlebar, your chamois pad, bar tape collectively contribute? I don't mean to sound like a jerk, but I just think some people even think about it at that level.

Frames of various materials ride "differently", and everyone has their preferences.

"The more you sweat today, the less you bleed tomorrow"
Quote Reply
bunnyman weighs in [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Just find me two frames from different manufacturers where ALL dimensions in ALL sizes are identical to the mm, including the ones where one manufacturer made an error when printing the catalog (so in that one area, the actual frames are not identical but the intend was they would be)."

Heck, in the old days, the headtube angles were "Proprietary" because of inconcistencies in the manufacturing processes. Head and seat angles were not even really consistent until about thirty years ago, and even that is questionable.

My verdict on this bike: another "me too" bike. While the seat tube curving around the rear tyre is not entirely new (a most recent past example I come up with is the KHS aero Turbo, which I had one), the way Cervelo executes it is entirely unique. The market is seeing that this is a feature that works.

Can't anybody be original just once?
Quote Reply

Prev Next