Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

More Cervelo P3SL Pictures from today.
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: More Cervelo P3SL Pictures from today. [ISSAQUAH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Note the new Zipp wheel on the front...deeper dish.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey, I knew I had seen that paint scheme before! Pretty nice looking, stealthy. Nice job Cervelo! I was wondering how long it would take before another color was available. As for the SL part, anodizing saves weight over paint, but is not quite as durable as most paint finishes.

Last edited by: Gary Tingley: Jul 24, 04 15:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sold. I'll take one for me. That is super cool. If it is exactly the same geometry as the regular P3, I am all over it.

Anyone want to buy my existing P3?

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: More Cervelo P3SL Pictures from today. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Speaking of your existing P3, you still riding all Bjorn'ed out? How is your run off of that position?

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what size?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What do you think the zipp is 60mm? I guess from Basso's performance, I'll be sticking with my Trek TT.
Quote Reply
Re: More Cervelo P3SL Pictures from today. [hansoa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would not base Basso's performance as bad, actually it was quite good for him!

That Zipp 808 is reportedly 80mm deep. It is probably quite easy to manage as a front wheel, however the claimed benefit over a 404 is just a handful of seconds, so you will probably not be able to tell the difference between the wheels while racing.
Quote Reply
Re: More Cervelo P3SL Pictures from today. [hansoa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CSC vs USPS in the last TT

CSC had 3 guys in the top 7...

USPS had 5 guys in top 11...

Pretty good showing for both teams if you ask me. I'll give CSC to small nods, since they have already lost at least 2 team members, and none of those 3 guys were noted time trialist in recent years (yeah Bobby USED to be good at TT's).

Maybe it was the windtunnel testing both teams did. Maybe it was the riders.

----------------------------------
Justin in Austin, get it? :)

Cool races:
- Redman
- Desoto American Triple T
Quote Reply
Re: More Cervelo P3SL Pictures from today. [Gary Tingley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Gary,

Don't forget my old P3 from 2000 either. not sure if it is painted, but it is tough and it has been knocked over and in a few crashes and there are really no chips or scratches.

Jason Goldberg
FIT Multisports
Last edited by: jasonogk: Jul 24, 04 19:52
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the seat tube/cut out area looks to be thicker on this model, so maybe they are playing with the aerodynamics a bit?

Jim

**Note above poster works for a retailer selling bikes and related gear*
Quote Reply
My random comments [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1. What fork is that? It's not the wolf. It looks more like the chord, but I didn't think it was UCI legal.

2. Paint. Better, but still sub-par for a high-end bicycle. I think it needs a different font.

3. Zipp wheel, nice. I can't wait til they get decals on there that actually fit. Not these wimpy little 404 stickers.

4. Handlebar tape. He really would have been better off running red tape. It'd just fit better.

5. Break levers. I luv'em, but alas, so long as I'm training/racing on the same bike they'll never work.

6. Anodizing. Clearly the ultimate option, all older P3's are now horribly out of date. I suppose I could take one or two off your hands if you need extra space, jsut to be helpful. Just don't give me a yellow one.
Last edited by: Ze Gopha: Jul 25, 04 12:35
Quote Reply