Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mont Tremblant swim start - Sportstats?
Quote | Reply
It may be right in front of me but I can't find info on the website on whether the swim start for Mont Tremblant will be on the beach and running in or out in the water for a swim start. Does anyone know?
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant swim start - Sportstats? [Zenmaster28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There was a mention of a water start in the 70.3 thread since it was beach but not positive. Not sure if water start means up to our knees or ankles either?
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant swim start - Sportstats? [masterslacker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is what I heard as well - water start rather than 2500 participants charging down a narrow beach.
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant swim start - Sportstats? [Scott_B] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's what I am hoping for (deep water start) but it would be nice to have confirmation. Not that it matters - it will be what it will be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Almost positive that i read it was a water start.

Pretty sure I read that info in the MT 'magazine' that came in the 70.3 gear bag. Can't verify that right now (at work) but you could check there if you had a copy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It will be a beach/water Start.
The start will be different than the 70.3 since we constructed a pen to allow 200 max to start at the same time.

The inflatable will be moved closer to the bleachers and between the bleachers and the end of the beach will be a fencing.

The start area will be from the bleachers all the way to the end (trees).

We will use the entire beach plus have participants line up between 2 flags in the water, I put a red line below to indicate the start line meaning
about 30% will be in the water (1-2 feet deep) and everyone else on the beach). It will be a very wide start and 1.5+km to the first turn so lots of room to spread out.

Last edited by: sportstats: Jul 25, 12 11:42
Quote Reply
Re: Mont Tremblant swim start - Sportstats? [sportstats] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect, thank you for that!
Quote Reply