Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Monona Water Test Results
Quote | Reply
Regarding recent discussions, I thought you guys might find this interesting if you haven't seen it already.

http://cityofmadison.com/...nload/Ironman_MT.xls
Quote Reply
Re: Monona Water Test Results [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I stand corrected
Last edited by: reggiedog: Sep 8, 05 11:32
Quote Reply
Re: Monona Water Test Results [reggiedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<< First USAT can't supply insurance or rules for IM's

if you are going to post crap like that, at least get your facts straight. You are amounting to nothing more than a troll at this point.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Monona Water Test Results [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ooohkay...then correct me (explain why you think it is "crap", without any explanation from you):

I was under the distinct impression that from my recent IM racing experience and USAT communications (including the USAT newsletter):
  • USAT does not provide the rules to IM events
  • USAT does not provide Insurance to IM event
  • USAT will not provide any water quality information (not even who tested it) even when asked for it

And for bonus points, explain USAT made the incredible statement that they shut down the New York City waste treatment facility to provide clean water forthe NYCTri.
Quote Reply
Re: Monona Water Test Results [reggiedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That seems to be a city test, not from IMNA directly. If I remember, Madison provides those test results for all their beaches. Also, it's not a matter of whether or not USAT can supply insurance or rules. It's that IMNA stubbornly chose a different way of enforcing essentially the same rules USAT has always had.
Quote Reply
Re: Monona Water Test Results [caleb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't open the file on this computer. What do the results say?

I was planning on doing the Gatorade swim tomorrow. Am I gonna die or what?

=====================================
It's ALL about the bike!
Quote Reply
Re: Monona Water Test Results [asd99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Add a www prior to cityofmadison.com
Quote Reply
Re: Monona Water Test Results [asd99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it says:

"The MDPH evaluates bacterial water quality conditions at the Monona Terrace location for Ironman Triathlon before and during the swim event. The area is not a designated City of Madison beach during other times of the summer. The area by the swimming course was sampled on 8/31/05 with excellent bacterial quality results (see above). The swimming conditions are very good."

Quote Reply
Re: Monona Water Test Results [OWEN_MEANY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply][font "Courier New"][#800080][size 2]it says:

"The MDPH evaluates bacterial water quality conditions at the Monona Terrace location for Ironman Triathlon before and during the swim event. The area is not a designated City of Madison beach during other times of the summer. The area by the swimming course was sampled on 8/31/05 with excellent bacterial quality results (see above). The swimming conditions are very good."[/size][/#800080][/font][/reply]

Do you think it will be ok after all those athletes pee in the water? Taper paranoia is starting! See you in Crosse Plaines?

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Quote Reply