Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mizuno Wave Precision 5?
Quote | Reply
Anyone running in these? I've been running in the New Balance 900's for a year and a half but feel the need for a change. I'm hoping these suckers are durable because when I tried them on today at the shoe store they felt like slippers.
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno Wave Precision 5? [tripoet] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had been running in Mizunos for three years, utilizing a variety of models (Legend, Precision and Rider). I loved them all. They fit like gloves and I ran very well in them come race day. The problem was, they did not last long. That is the well known downside to having a love affair with Mizuno shoes -- you don't get many second dates. Hence, I switched to Asics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, I love these shoes. Actually, many people must as they are currently out of my size when I went to get another pair recently. Very light and neutral

You are correct though - they are not very durable (although that does not deter my shoe purchases much). I think I only got about 400 miles out of my last pair.

Quote | Reply
great shoes. I've gotten quite a few miles out of mine.
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno Wave Precision 5? [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been using the Mizuno Waverider 7's for about a year. They are the best fitting shoes I have found. Only downside is the 7's had their intercooling system (small slits in the bottom of the forefoot) and in the rain or even when the roads were wet, my feet would get wet from the bottom up within the first mile...

I just ordered a new pair of WR 8's which got rid of the openings in the bottom...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
great shoes, not all that supportive in teh midfoot but if you're looking for a light shoe, not many are. Awesome toe-off and nice open mesh upper.

super responsive and no they don't last long but that doesn't stop anyone from buying them, and then buying them again, and again, and again at relatively short intervals.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I alternate between Mizuno Precision 5s and New Balance 833s. I don't think the Precsions have quite the cushioning of the 833s, but they are a couple of ounces lighter and, IMHO, have a little better toe-off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run on the Wave Alchemy and they have become my favorite shoes of all time, narrowly beating my old Adidas Piedmont IIs.
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno Wave Precision 5? [slick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I usually use mine for 1/2 Marathon or shorter distances. Anyone use Precisions for their Marathon shoe?
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno Wave Precision 5? [Yossarian] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup. I did 2 Ironmans with them last year. No problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Being fairly big, 6'2"/175lbs, I only use the Mizuno Precisions for racing - 1/2 marathons and up. They work great as a racing shoe for me. However, I confess, I have become a Mizuno addict!

"I am running away from myself just as fast as I can!" Bob Dylan

Dean Wilson
http://www.anaerobiczone.com
Bicycle Protection Indoors & Out
Quote Reply