Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mizuno Wave Inspire
Quote | Reply

Damn! These things are sweet.

Been running in Sauconys exclusively for the past like 8 years but the Super Shoe Freak Commando that owns/runs the running shoe store i go to said the current version of the Omni sucks. While I find it hard to believe as its been my favorite running shoe ever -- I had to concede cause the guy knows shoes ... maybe a little TOO well ... but to each his own. Tried a zillion pairs of Brooks, Asics, Adidas, Saucony, and who knows what else.

Didn't like any of them. Then I tried on the Mizunos. They're about 1.5 ounces lighter than my Sauconys (which I always felt were a little too heavy), offer just the right amount of control I want from a trainer (I'm a mild over pronater) and offer a really plush ride.

Also nice and low cut. I hate all the fancy crap on shoes these days. These things are basic and stay out of the way. You don't even know you have them on, which is at it should be.

Damn fine shoes. Highly recomended for the lighter framed runner.

SM
Last edited by: skid marks: Jun 24, 05 10:31
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno Wave Inspire [skid marks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a Mizuno man as well; I wear the Wave Rider 8 and LOVE them. I'm considering buying the Aero 2 for the Marine Corp Marathon but Mizuno racing shoes are very hard to find at the local running shop.

IMO, Mizuno makes the best running shoes today; I'll tell you what, the Japanese are amazing at everything they build/make.

Dave in VA
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I second or is it thirf) the call out to Mizuno. I LOVE my Wave Riders.

That is all.

jsargevt

~~~~~~~
Do or do not there is no try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a little miffed with Mizuno. I have been using them as my training shoe exclusively for the last 4-5 years and I love them. But then they decided to discontinue my shoe the Mercury. Apparently the Inspire is the "new" Mercury. I'll give it a shot, but damn I loved the Mercury.

Dan Hollingsworth

Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old only by deserting their ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up interest wrinkles the soul." - Douglas MacArthur
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno Wave Inspire [Lieutenant_Dan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Discontinued shoes are a drag. You checked around your local shops and the online retailers to see if anyone has backstock they are unloading cheap? Might get lucky and could stock up on a couple pair.

If not, hope you like the Inspire. I think its pretty nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a mercury man myself. Loved those shoes, but then they changed them for '04 (they were still called Mercury) I bought them and HATED them. Apparently, other loyal Mercury users felt the same way, so they discontinued Mercury completely and replaced them with the Inspire. It was a good move, because the Inspire is a great shoe. I actually like it better than my old Mercurys.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was sad when the Mercury's went also as they were the shoes I used successfully for the last 3-years. I tried the Wave Nirvana, which I hate. The Wave Inspire feels exactly like the Mercury, however.
Quote Reply
Re: Mizuno Wave Inspire [DC Pattie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got the Wave Spacer to compliment my Riders. My LRS didn't carry them (you're right, not many do), and special ordered them for me. They didn't fit. I told him to not go to the trouble of finding another pair (odd size, and NO ONE, not even the rep, could find them). So I ordered them from Road Runner. LRS calls me 2 hours later and said he found, and was getting, them for me. He then charged me his cost.

A couple runs into them, they are nice. Not as light as the Brooks T3 they replaced, but still NICE and light. highly recommend them
Quote Reply