Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Mission Bay...cant say ehough good things
Quote | Reply
Was in their Elgin store yesterday. With out the whole story cause it is not important. Their customer service is second to none I have ever seen in the past. Their reputation is as great as their service.

And yes...they are lurking and reading. I hope they see this.

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Mission Bay...cant say ehough good things [StillRecord10Ti] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup, I vote for Mission Bay. They really are a good retailer.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I absolutely agree. They are very good. Val and Bill are two of the nicest people I have meet in this sport.

I hope that helps when I go in to price a new Orca P-Flex tomorrow.

'It makes no sense for me to apologize for being an asshole. For acting like an asshole, yes, I'd fall on my sword for that. But how can one apologize for one's state of being?' - Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Mission Bay...cant say ehough good things [Nice Guy Eddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[reply]I absolutely agree. They are very good. Val and Bill are two of the nicest people I have meet in this sport.

I hope that helps when I go in to price a new Orca P-Flex tomorrow.[/reply]

Think they do a 2 for 1? Do they have good deals on wetsuits now? I need a full. Work it for me Eddy! Bill at Mission has always been good to me.

Where you located StillRecord10ti? Im in Palatine.

-----------------------:)
SUPPORT OPERATION REBOUND:
http://www.operationreboundcalifornia.kintera.org/ejs3

Kestrel Syndicate
Macca Fan Club
Last edited by: Ed in IL: Feb 11, 05 8:32
Quote Reply
Re: Mission Bay...cant say ehough good things [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll see what we can do. With Galena, Cali 1/2 and now alcatraz I can finally justify a full wetsuit.

'It makes no sense for me to apologize for being an asshole. For acting like an asshole, yes, I'd fall on my sword for that. But how can one apologize for one's state of being?' - Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I can't say enough bad things about that store. You will never see me there again. The Bike Shop is better. Isn't this argument getting old?
Quote Reply
Re: Mission Bay...cant say ehough good things [jammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rich is a great guy. He has done more for me than I can ever thank him for. I refer people there all the time.

This isn't a competition. They are both great stores and Chicagoland is big enough MB and the Bike Shop. Both play their roles and do them well.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been to the Chicago shop many times and they have always been nice. I just wish they had more stuff. Their selection is somewhat limited.
Quote Reply
Re: Mission Bay...cant say ehough good things [Ed in IL] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
[reply]I absolutely agree. They are very good. Val and Bill are two of the nicest people I have meet in this sport.

I hope that helps when I go in to price a new Orca P-Flex tomorrow.[/reply]

Think they do a 2 for 1? Do they have good deals on wetsuits now? I need a full. Work it for me Eddy! Bill at Mission has always been good to me.

Where you located StillRecord10ti? Im in Palatine.
Rockford right now - Santa Barbara this afternoon. Back in Suckford on tuesday.

Quote Reply
Re: Mission Bay...cant say ehough good things [jammer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And I can't say enough bad things about that store. You will never see me there again. The Bike Shop is better. Isn't this argument getting old?
You know, that is what is great about America...and the only one arguing is you...maybe I will see you at a race as I am sure I wont see you at the Bay.

Quote Reply
Re: Mission Bay...cant say ehough good things [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One other thing that bears mentioning about Mission Bay, and by association, some other "traithlon" retailers:

Mission Bay is the original. What value does that have? Plenty.

A lot of retailers have "discovered" triathlon in the past three years. They bought all the props, put some bikes and wetsuits on the floor and a couple employees stumbled through the local race. Boom, instant tri shop.

Now, part of that is good, but only part. Mission Bay has been around since before there were triathlon bikes. They started in triathlon when triathlon started. They helped build it. They helped establish it. They gave back to the sport through good customer service, product knowledge, involvement in the sport and commitment.

So, for new "triathlon" shops, welcome on board. In 20 years you will be where Mission Bay is.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mission Bay...cant say ehough good things [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This not ment as a bash and since I was only at Mission Bay on one occasion, it may been a fluke. But if they owners are reading this then I hope it helps.

I went to the Chicago Store about 1 1/2 years ago. I literaly had $2500 cash in my pocket ready to buy a bike. I went in and was the only customer in the store. There was a employee in the store but on the phone when I came in. So I wandered a bit maybe 10-15 minutes. During my wandering I overheard the clerck talking and it was obivous he was talking to his GF or someone who fits that bill. So then I decided I would just park myself in front of the guy and wait for him to hang up. I sat there for another 5-10 and the guy never acknowledged that I was even there, even though I was right in front of him. When he hung up he offer to help. So I started asking questions about the bike they offered and what i wanted to to and then asked for sugestion as to where I should start looking. His response was "they are all good bikes" Asked again based on what i want to do, do you have any suggestions- His response " all the bikes in this store will work for you". When I went on to aske other question I always got single word short answers which sometime didn't even answer my questions. So I left cash in pocket and went elsewhere to buy my bike (EBAY)

Now I am sure this is not the norm for MB, certainly a store does not last in this business with service like that. But I am also sure the owenrs would be bummed to know they lost a $2500 sale becasue of a loser employee.

I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply