Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Devlin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

>Has there even been a substantiation of the story, or any official word?

Well that's kind of the whole problem, isn't it? Official word from whom? If the police didn't officially question the alleged victim or alleged witnesses , and didn't officially question ,cite or detain the alleged criminal, then there's not going to be much in the way of a public record to substantiate the claims.

>Does everyone think that it's going to help?

Posting to the FB page, probably not, but the rest of the mob mentality at least has appeared to motivate KMOX to investigate, and journalism will have to suffice, maybe, for independent substantiation of some of the claims.
Last edited by: trail: Jul 30, 14 9:48
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [jaystrothman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agreed. I have been in many cases where two parties tell diametrically opposing accounts of a situation and neither side is lying; they both honestly believe their story. Human memory is terrible and is often clouded not only by the emotion of the moment, but also by subsequent events and retelling.

As for the use of pitchforks to get an investigation, more power to you if those pitchforks are being pointed in the right direction. But really, trolling the guy's Facebook page? Come on.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Rest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Big contrast between this mayor and the Mayor of Fort Worth, Texas.

She is both a cyclist and triathlete.

http://www.nytimes.com/...-residents.html?_r=0

Find out what it is in life that you don't do well, then don't
do that thing.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Sluglas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SLUGAS I did not troll any facebook page.

I spoke with Randy on the phone, he told his story. So I looked up the mayors number. Its real easy since he was a write in on the ballot i believe in april.

Getting the side of both stories is fun plus to hear the mayor's nervous voice.

All the mayor should have done was slow down or brake and let randy ride away. Conflict resolved. But there had to be some continued aggrevation from both to make this happen.

To add to it two drivers watched the issue happen. Guess we will see what happens.

GOOD TIMES
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well what did the mayor say when you talked? Tell us what you found out. Don't you think you should at least report what his side of the story was? And what was the continued aggravation from both? How about adding some information to the story instead of just adding gasoline.

And just curious why you felt you should be the one to call the mayor and investigate? Unless you had an agenda going in.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Reading comprehension isn't very strong in this group...

"This was from someone I knew of that lived near my area, absolutely outrageous! "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just think vigilante style mob justice should wait until we have a bit more proof that it happened.

Especially when a good portion of the ST information is coming from people who registered today, adding to the odds of bias or possibly an ulterior motive.

Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Get the pitch forks! Light the torches! ;o) Still don't know the whole story.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simply put cause I am not a news reporter he was very worried about the outcome of the situation and that the two of them exchanged words and there are real time witnesses.

I will quote one thing...mayor said "people said I was drunk." (there is a period and a pause) "there are alot of rumors going around"
"There aren't any bike lanes on that road. When the county redid the road they should have put in some lines for a lane"

Should be interesting.
Last edited by: jaystrothman: Jul 30, 14 10:35
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Andrew Coggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.stltoday.com/...e6-afa62e3f51c9.html

REST is NOT the cyclist involved. Come on people - you gonna side with the crooked mayor on this? There is more than 1 witness to this accident.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaystrothman wrote:
"people said I was drunk.
there aren't any bike lanes on that road. When the county redid the road they should have put in some lines for a lane"

Are those two full sentences that he said together, with nothing in between? After saying "people said I was drunk" I find it hard to believe he did not follow that up immediately with a denial. I feel like there is some important context missing from that quote. Either that or this guy is not normal or thinking clearly. Did he deny yelling "Get off my roads" or intentionally swerving into the cyclist?

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [orphious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Interesting quotes. I'm surprised the mayor said anything at all to you about the incident. Does he know you personally? Seems like an unwise decision to be talking about the alleged incident on the phone during an ongoing investigation. But maybe he's not the sharpest tool in the box...
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [scs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"A triathlete who participates in about 50 races a year, Murdick said his bike is worth about $13,000."

50 races, surely a typo,whoa, there is a $13k bike out now?

2016:
IMFL #12
http://www.bestbikesplit.com
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [scs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That article has been updated since someone first linked to it. It seems he did sustain some injuries and damage to his bike, so hit and run seems like a viable charge along with assault. The article includes this curious statement though, which might be a little off topic:

A triathlete who participates in about 50 races a year, Murdick said his bike is worth about $13,000.

50 races a year??

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [DFWTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFWTri wrote:
"A triathlete who participates in about 50 races a year, Murdick said his bike is worth about $13,000."

50 races, surely a typo,whoa, there is a $13k bike out now?

Fifty is certainly a lot. Might have meant 15.

And $13k isn't hard to get to with nice wheels, high-end computer, SRM/ Quarq, and a top-level superbike. Once a few things are bolted on you can do it easier than you'd think.

Not that I have, mind you; mine isn't even to half that level, but it's not hard to make it happen.

The point is, ladies and gentleman, that speed, for lack of a better word, is good. Speed is right, Speed works. Speed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He is not sharp. He seemed nervous and I was surprised he opened up.

I am sure council has advised him to not answer that phone now along with the emails. His last email from someone else said that "a statement is to follow."
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Toby] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Serious Toby Its easy to fit in 50+ races in a season.

He is riding a Specialized Venge. Throw in some enve or Hed wheels AND BAM $12 + grand right away
Last edited by: jaystrothman: Jul 30, 14 10:53
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [Rest] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fuck this guy

(and i say that having been hit and having the hitter try to make his story the truth over mine.... 6 witnesses and my own straight up exactness of the events squashed that attempt)

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Last edited by: MarkyV: Jul 30, 14 11:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jaystrothman wrote:
"a statement is to follow."

Mayor's statement? Maybe:

"You SUCK MUR-DICK!"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hope you're ready to be called as a witness now. You have relevant information in the form of statements made by a party after the incident.

I can't believe he talked to you either. Not very bright.
Quote Reply
Re: Mayor of city attacks cyclists [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
RowToTri wrote:
That article has been updated since someone first linked to it. It seems he did sustain some injuries and damage to his bike, so hit and run seems like a viable charge along with assault. The article includes this curious statement though, which might be a little off topic:

A triathlete who participates in about 50 races a year, Murdick said his bike is worth about $13,000.

50 races a year??

A quick check of the USAC website shows that the victim does bicycle races as well as triathlons.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am heavily medicated so they cant use me.
Quote Reply

Prev Next