Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Maximize VIRB Elite Battery Life
Quote | Reply
Google says turning the GPS off is about the only way to improve it. Accurate, or are there any other settings that can make this thing go four plus hours?
Quote Reply
Re: Maximize VIRB Elite Battery Life [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The higher the resolution and frame rate, the greater battery use.
Go to 1080p @30 and that’s plenty for most video work

720 if it isn’t too low for you

Be sure the gps is off, back screen on shortest timeout
Quote Reply
Re: Maximize VIRB Elite Battery Life [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll make the changes, many thanks!

I don't look at the backscreen since it is mounted upside down. However my Google Fu (and screwing with the unit) I don't see where you change it?

What features from the overlay do I lose if I have GPS off? It it essentially nothing, since the overlay from my 520 will provide all the GPS I'd want?
Last edited by: greenlawnracing: Jun 21, 19 7:17
Quote Reply
Re: Maximize VIRB Elite Battery Life [greenlawnracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t have mine with me but it’s under the general setup screen under backlight I think.

The gps really isn’t necessary unless you want track maps. You could configure power speed and cadence from the edge device as you edit your video
Quote Reply
Re: Maximize VIRB Elite Battery Life [iamuwere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But since the 520 tracks maps, does its overlay put them on the VIRB even if GPS is off on the VIRB?

iamuwere wrote:
I don’t have mine with me but it’s under the general setup screen under backlight I think.

The gps really isn’t necessary unless you want track maps. You could configure power speed and cadence from the edge device as you edit your video
Quote Reply