Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Masters Bike Racing - Netherlands?
Quote | Reply
Can anyone direct me to a source/website that has a calendar for bike races (particularly road races and crits) for masters (50+) in the Netherlands? Thanks in advance.
Quote Reply
Re: Masters Bike Racing - Netherlands? [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I guess here (knwu=National Association) but the filter doesn’t work great and a lot is cancelled.
https://www.knwu.nl/...d=&licentie=WAMM
Quote Reply
Re: Masters Bike Racing - Netherlands? [jsmith] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it's best to start from the Dutch Cycling National federation's site (KNWU.nl)
Most of the races here are crits (sometimes on longer circuits though), any road-racing will be for knwu affiliated teams typically.

I don't think there is a special Masters race in most events though.
typically on a crit day, you would see (for men's):

- nieuweling (U16)
- junior (U18)
- elite (usually combined with U23 except for championships and some specific races, pro's can start in these races as well); guess cat P/1/2 ?
- amateurs (basically open 18+, level below elite, typically this would also be the masters cat. Be aware that these guys can be strong AND smart (esp. the older former elites) cat3/4?
- sportklasse (also open 18+ but this is more of an entry cat. (cat 5)

Assuming you'll have an international license (UCI), I think you would be allowed to start in amateurs and sportklasse and maybe elite as well, best to contact KNWU for that!

However besides the national federation (KNWU) there are also several local organisations that organise some more low-key races, for this its best to ask around in the area where you stay.

Finally since the Netherlands is small, you could also look into races in Belgium (there the crits are more often 5-10k loops) with also more open road races.

Be aware that with Covid 19 racing is still very uncertain for 2020
Quote Reply
Re: Masters Bike Racing - Netherlands? [Kempenaer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks alot for the reply. Do you know of any local organizations that put on races in or around Zuid Holland/Den Haag?
Quote Reply